Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

tizzay7

All Australian
Mar 23, 2011
Minto
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope this kid does well. I have high hopes for him. Imagine the forward line of Reid, Davis, Rose and Dawson? That could be a premiership winning forward line. Dawson taking a pack mark 35 out with a slight angle and seals the win after the siren.

Neverwas

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Korweinguboora
AFL Club
Sydney
The way he moves is pretty similar and like Gunston has the ability to move up the ground.

I wouldn't call Dawson a Membrey type or undersized key forward type, his more that third/ forth tall that can move up the ground and create space for others.

Has good speed, a nice leap and can find the ball, biggest drawbacks at the moment is the fact he can drift in and out of games at times and had issues with a back injury at times over the last season.

Not a bad selection, won't play games in his first year (Will need to develop) but hopefully can develop into a really nice player for us down the line.

Finished his season off in the SANFL and played well enoguh to named in the bests against North Adelaide in his final game of the season.
Glad to hear his speed is OK. Wasn't sure about that box.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I will start from the back. Jetta to take the kick ins.... wait, he doesn't play for us. I failed. No plan :p
We have a plan... Dinky little handballs into trouble then kicking it down the line long to a 2/3 on 1. Perferably Buddy while Tippo is sucking in the deep ones in the centre circle after rucking the whole game & the only players left as options in the fwd 50 (e.g. BJ, Reid & Rohan) are completely ignored.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
It's time to talk about this kid and getting his contract extended. Since he's been shifted into the midfield he's been huge in the NEAFL. I love the way he goes about it. I get that it's a tough midfield to break into right now, but I want him signed.

I'd be fascinated to know whether he was moved inside by necessity and it worked, or whether it was part of some longer term plan.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
It's time to talk about this kid and getting his contract extended. Since he's been shifted into the midfield he's been huge in the NEAFL. I love the way he goes about it. I get that it's a tough midfield to break into right now, but I want him signed.

I'd be fascinated to know whether he was moved inside by necessity and it worked, or whether it was part of some longer term plan.
I agree Bruce. I think early he was seen as that replacement for Membrey. But after putting him into the mids for a run they reused the potential of a 191cm mid who gets the ball and kicks goals.

Injury is what has held him back not form. This year the coached have shifted him to the mids squad and built his tank considerably. I didn't think his first game was that bad. He was having trouble with the pace of the game, that was obvious, but did a few good things. He will be better for that experience and now knows what to expect. He will still plat forward but a big bodied mid like him is invaluable.

Agree we have to get him, Reid & Jones all signed. I think the club have just been waiting for the AFL to finalise the player deal. A few clubs are in this position. For instance I'd say Pies won't be offering ant huge deals to players until the new deal is done.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am really looking forward to this kid getting an extended run to see what he can do. Would like him to play as a mobile half forward, offering a different target and to use his inside skills at stoppages. His recent work in the mids in the ressies indicates he has a good tank, decent hands and uses a solid body to effect.

Dawson seems a developing player with goal sense and adaptability. He could be slotted in ahead of Towers (who I admit has played better this year - but is not long term player) or OFlo who is still light or Haywood if the latter needs a break.

Why ? Because he is a 10x All Australian and 6x Brownlow Medallist on The Sydney Bigfooty Board ?
Having said that, sarcasm aside I would prefer to give the Kid an extended go instead of more of Foote or Robinson.

Hype is getting a bit out of hand.

Some of us are a bit more realistic and only expect 2 Brownlows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back