Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid is invisible. I'm beginning to think this is a deliberate strategy by the club, hiding the kid away from prying eyes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoo! Finally.

Hopefully he can get through training, perhaps taking slow steps through the car park to avoid any Swanslike mishaps!

Will start on low minutes but very excited and hope he forces his way into the senior team quickly!

I’ll just remind everyone of his NEAFL stats last year, playing predominant as an inside midfielder:

15 games
17 kicks, 11 handballs- 28 disp
8 Marks
5 tackles
4 inside 50, 2 rebound
2.47 goals ave (37 goals)

I don’t have clearance stats but I’d imagine it’d be 7-8+ per game.

Still has time to force his way in this year.

I'm pretty confident he'll be in seniors by the time finals come around - assuming he gets back to full fitness over the next month.

Assuming full fitness, I'd be aiming to bring Melican, Reid, Dawson, and Papley into the side for Marsh, Rohan/Cunningham, Newman, and Stoddart.
Cunningham has been very good and continues to improve. No chance he gets omitted. Would love to see Dawson work his way back in along side him

Cunningham has been very good and continues to improve. No chance he gets omitted. Would love to see Dawson work his way back in along side him

Cunningham has certainly improved and deserves his place in the side currently, but I'm not convinced he's what we need in big finals where you have to go 100% at the ball at all times. Cunningham still has a little bit of nervous energy when it comes to going fully at the ball sometimes. He doesn't bodyline the ball every time. Like for a really quick guy when he's chasing the loose ball and contesting with another guy he just seems more keen to make sure he sticks the tackle on the guy rather than go all out to win the ball.

It's always been my gripe with him; he seems to discount his own attacking strengths (his line-breaking pace, good skills, and log penetrating kick) in favour of the Swans-football lessons he's been taught, insofar as he needs to tackle hard and be accountable etc.

If I was his coach, I wouldn't yet be convinced I can trust him in finals.

Cunningham has certainly improved and deserves his place in the side currently, but I'm not convinced he's what we need in big finals where you have to go 100% at the ball at all times. Cunningham still has a little bit of nervous energy when it comes to going fully at the ball sometimes. He doesn't bodyline the ball every time. Like for a really quick guy when he's chasing the loose ball and contesting with another guy he just seems more keen to make sure he sticks the tackle on the guy rather than go all out to win the ball.

It's always been my gripe with him; he seems to discount his own attacking strengths (his line-breaking pace, good skills, and log penetrating kick) in favour of the Swans-football lessons he's been taught, insofar as he needs to tackle hard and be accountable etc.

If I was his coach, I wouldn't yet be convinced I can trust him in finals.
Understand your gripe a year ago but not now. Will never be the toughest bloke but that's the main area I view his improvement. He looks to give the young boys direction now which is also good to see. Dawson seems a totally different player oozing talent so I can see why u want him in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back