Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone let horse know he is a mid, not a ruck or a flanker (or neafl player)

I thought he was a forward.

We seem to play all our players through the middle in the NEAFL.

From the OP

"Bio: A medium forward he has impressed in the SANFL for Sturt with his ability to lead to the right space and finds space in the forward line. Covers the ground well for his size he is a strong mark above his head. Has potential to be a genuine forward prospect after growing from 187cm to 190cm in the last twelve months. He is a left footer who has shown he has the ability to convert in front of the big sticks when he finds the opportunity."

I think the fact he seems to get injuries early in seasons does him no favours. That's usually when the young players kind of establish themselves in the role that could end up being theirs for the whole year. Florent was given the chance in the pre-season and early rounds to prove he could be more of a midfield fixture and it paid dividends for him and the team. Hopefully Dawson can get an injury-free run in the off-season so he can put his hand up for a midfield spot come round one. Feel like he just doesn't exist every season until two months in.

Well on his way now. Extend pls.

Put My hand up and admit after his first couple of appearances this year that he could be a March Champion.
Flashy, All ways looks good in the March practice Matches but is found to be Soft when it comes to the real stuff. Happy to be wrong. Actually Ecstatic. He is going to be a great player.

Put My hand up and admit after his first couple of appearances this year that he could be a March Champion.
Flashy, All ways looks good in the March practice Matches but is found to be Soft when it comes to the real stuff. Happy to be wrong. Actually Ecstatic. He is going to be a great player.
I’ll go as far as saying you could build a side around him. I hope I’m right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a shocking round 1 game against the Dogs and was dropped after it but his averages for the year are really strong. 18 touches, 6 marks, 1 goal, 2.5 tackles, 2 R50's, 2 I50's. That's a very promising stat line to work with with a 22 year old who has yet to play 15 AFL games.

Loving his progression.

Copped plenty over the journey with "..why isn't Dawson playing?". Last night was the pay off.

Good luck and best wishes to Garry Rohan, but we have a replacement

Copped plenty over the journey with "..why isn't Dawson playing?". Last night was the pay off.

Good luck and best wishes to Garry Rohan, but we have a replacement

A quantum upgrade on Grohan.

The two jellyback SA teams will be chasing Dawson, Haywood and George. It is imperative we keep all three.

When I was a kid and most players played in their fixed position, some sides had a "utility" who could play a number of positions. Dawson is in that old fashioned mould.

Personally I would like to see him in the centre square using his smarts and throwing his weight around. Doesn't matter, I think we are all enjoying the ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back