Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If they’re not playing the same position, they’re not playing under the same conditions. It’s like claiming Jake Lloyd finds it easy to find the pill in D50 but Papley struggles to get 30 touches in F50. Different positions, different difficulty, different result.

I get what you’re trying to say about Reid and I understand you hate him; but you’ve still got to keep some level of sanity about player comparisons.

You seem to think I'm taking the emotional route here with my views on this subject when in actuality I'm taking the very opposite. I'm looking at it very logically here.

Dawson may be a good inside mid and good around contested footy, but make no mistake, he's in this team right now on the back of his overhead and contested marking both down the line as a lead-up target, and inside 50 as a goal-kicker. They are also the two things which Reid is in the team for (or so I've been told by all of his defenders constantly.)

They have differences, yes, but they also have a LOT of similarities which puts them in the same basket if the time comes where the match committee need to sacrifice a marking target to fit Menzel in, or a taller player to fit Buddy in.

You seem to think I'm taking the emotional route here with my views on this subject when in actuality I'm taking the very opposite. I'm looking at it very logically here.

Dawson may be a good inside mid and good around contested footy, but make no mistake, he's in this team right now on the back of his overhead and contested marking both down the line as a lead-up target, and inside 50 as a goal-kicker. They are also the two things which Reid is in the team for (or so I've been told by all of his defenders constantly.)

They have differences, yes, but they also have a LOT of similarities which puts them in the same basket if the time comes where the match committee need to sacrifice a marking target to fit Menzel in, or a taller player to fit Buddy in.

NOW you’re starting to talk logically.. if we start talking about adding Buddy + Menzel to this team, then yes we absolutely ask questions about how Reid fits in.

The line will likely be drawn between Reid and McCartin. Can’t see Dawson being involved in that discussion at all, regardless of his ability to mark the ball.

NOW you’re starting to talk logically.. if we start talking about adding Buddy + Menzel to this team, then yes we absolutely ask questions about how Reid fits in.

The line will likely be drawn between Reid and McCartin. Can’t see Dawson being involved in that discussion at all, regardless of his ability to mark the ball.
Cameron went down today so we don’t have a back up ruck. Reid will stay for Sinclair chop out imo. McCartin would likely be the unlucky one. Menzel would replace Jack

I've been talking logically all along! Do you honestly, sincerely believe that even if Buddy & Menzel were coming back into the team, that Horse would ever drop Reid?

Because I don't. That limits the options of who to cut down to the youngsters: Blakey, McCartin and Dawson. Are they all exactly the same types of players? No. But they are currently all bringing very similar qualities to the team (Maybe with the exception of Blakey who has some athleticism around the ground). I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's what I think will happen. Dawson will be looked at as a potential tall who could be swung out to make way for the two more experienced forwards who can take marks and kick goals.

Are you the poster that explained our game plan last year in technical terms?

Are you the poster that explained our game plan last year in technical terms?

No, not me. I’d had to have understood our game plan first!

The less he plays in the midfield, right now, the better imo. He's more impactful upon games when he can either be loose in defence or playing on a wing/across HF to take contested marks and use his kicking to hit targets or kick goals.

Seems he's being forced to play a little more midfield the last few weeks and I'm sure he'll develop further in there but I love watching him play more as a utility atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The less he plays in the midfield, right now, the better imo. He's more impactful upon games when he can either be loose in defence or playing on a wing/across HF to take contested marks and use his kicking to hit targets or kick goals.

Seems he's being forced to play a little more midfield the last few weeks and I'm sure he'll develop further in there but I love watching him play more as a utility atm.

I just enjoy watching him play. Aside from his skills he seems to have a lot of footy smarts. I want to keep Jones, but Dawson is our most important re-signing.

Surprisingly wasn’t used in the centre square last week in JPK’s absence (they went to Florent) so I think they must like playing him on the wing where he can get up and down the field and be a marking option in both 50m areas.

This guy is an absolute gun.

Get him to 50 games and he could be a genuine star from 2021 onwards.

Should never play NEAFL again.

Rest assured I think there's nearly a dozen young Swans who have shown enough promise they won't be seeing the NEAFL again. We just need to get the senior games into them!

This guy is an absolute gun.

Get him to 50 games and he could be a genuine star from 2021 onwards.

Should never play NEAFL again.

Personally I think he will be pushing for our best and fairest from next year, let alone 2020.

Would rather the ball in his hand than any other player on our list at the moment (Yeah he fluffs the odd one or two, but I would love to see his disposal to score chain %, think it would be quite high).

Love to see him actually used in an offensive role in say the midfield

Looks promising going well

But he isn’t going to be a superstar winning the best and fairest in a year calm
Down :p

Heeney hasn’t even got there yet

Love to see him actually used in an offensive role in say the midfield

Looks promising going well

But he isn’t going to be a superstar winning the best and fairest in a year calm
Down :p

Heeney hasn’t even got there yet

I can very easily see him pushing for it next year.

Remember the Swan's don't always give it to the best player, most of the time they give it to the player who performed his role the best.

It's why Franklin hasn't won one and why Goodes only won 3.

I can very easily see him pushing for it next year.

Remember the Swan's don't always give it to the best player, most of the time they give it to the player who performed his role the best.

It's why Franklin hasn't won one and why Goodes only won 3.

Yeah didn’t you say the same about Rohan on a podcast once :)

I’ll bet you 10,000 dollars Dawson does not win the swans best and fairest next year

Yeah didn’t you say the same about Rohan on a podcast once :)

I’ll bet you 10,000 dollars Dawson does not win the swans best and fairest next year

I really don't think I ever said that Rohan would win a best and fairest (Personally I never really rated him hugely).

Not going to take that bet thanks :p

I really don't think I ever said that Rohan would win a best and fairest (Personally I never really rated him hugely).

Not going to take that bet thanks :p

Yeah you probably didn’t I was just using Damien Barrett like tactics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back