Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d also add that a 5 year deal isn’t that unusual these days but if he continues his trajectory we will need to lock him in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young enough to trade mid deal if it looks ordinary anyway

Would be worth losing Jones over Dawson if it came down to it (although in an ideal world i'd want to keep both).

He is a smart, smart footballer, and has the skills to pull off whatever he tries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's having an enormous impact on games in so many different ways already. I'm not sure he'll ever be a top line midfielder because I'm not sure putting on the extra weight will be easy for his body type. But also, his impact across the back and forward flanks and on a wing are already enormous.

Seriously, he's now not just our priority signing for this season but you can make the case that there's no player coming off contract next year who's more important for the long-term for us to sign up (Hewett possibly as I'd say Dawson is more important than Florent and Hayward now) or the year after that (Aliir the only contender).

He's having an enormous impact on games in so many different ways already. I'm not sure he'll ever be a top line midfielder because I'm not sure putting on the extra weight will be easy for his body type. But also, his impact across the back and forward flanks and on a wing are already enormous.

Seriously, he's now not just our priority signing for this season but you can make the case that there's no player coming off contract next year who's more important for the long-term for us to sign up (Hewett possibly as I'd say Dawson is more important than Florent and Hayward now) or the year after that (Aliir the only contender).
Jones showed his worth last night again

Both imo are priorities

Jones showed his worth last night again

Both imo are priorities

I just don't want to sell the farm to keep Jones if he then ends up going after the next contract. Then you have the opposite situation where the Hawks just have everyone wanting to go & play for them, no matter how sh*t their list looks going forward, as we've just found out that Brad Hill wants to go back to Hawks...............& for less I bet. That's how much harder it is for us to maintain a list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back