Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

I love blakey but hes no where near at dawsons production atm. Heeneya best is better but dawson is displaying more consistancy atm.. the kick to papley on the weekend could only be pulled off by dawson and franklin on our list

Ling could arguably pull it off. The issue is he seems to be permanently injured.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ling could arguably pull it off. The issue is he seems to be permanently injured.
From what I remember stoddart seemed pretty silky last season too. How's he been going this year?

Ling in the bits I have seen could give Dawson and Franklin a run for their money in terms of clever vision and execution. Just hope he gets right.

Last edited:
I like Dawson’s kicking but I have heard a few people both on here and in person comparing him to Mal and saying he will be better. Not even in the ballpark IMO and never will be. Two completely different kicks. Dawson is smart in terms of his vision and placement of his kicks, but in terms of technique it’s still the same lofty air-balls off the boot. Mal could actually pin-point a target 50 or so metres away, deliver a low, hard bullet, and then hit that target. Over and over. And often while on the run. That’s not me knocking Dawson, he’s doing all a distributor with -30 games could be expected, maybe even more. But Mal is Mal for a reason.

Has a bit of Mark Bayes in him for those that remember him. Was one of my favourites as a kid.

Yes. Just hope Jordan keeps his front teeth.

Absolutely loved bayes. Wore his number 30 on my junior jumper as a kid. That left boot👌

Bayes probably could lazily dob them further than Dawson but perhaps did not read the play and options as well as Jordan does.

can he play as a mid sometime

Has the footy IQ and toughness for the job. Another coach will run him through the mids. Let's see how he goes under a new regime next year.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Why have him on the inside of the contest when kicking (and marking) is his greatest attribute?

Perhaps Wing, but I wouldn’t want him getting the hard ball at a stoppage, I want him to be the receiver that delivers the ball by foot.

Why have him on the inside of the contest when kicking (and marking) is his greatest attribute?

Perhaps Wing, but I wouldn’t want him getting the hard ball at a stoppage, I want him to be the receiver that delivers the ball by foot.

Has terrific hands and is creative, two attributes we lack. He'd still have plenty of opportunities to use his kicking skills in general play.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Has terrific hands and is creative, two attributes we lack. He'd still have plenty of opportunities to use his kicking skills in general play.

I think inside players are easier to find than blokes who can kick the ball lace out like he can.

I’d rather find a player to fill those areas (Rowbottom?) than sacrifice Dawson.

I think inside players are easier to find than blokes who can kick the ball lace out like he can.

I’d rather find a player to fill those areas (Rowbottom?) than sacrifice Dawson.

Fair point. Hewett is almost as good a kick (and on both feet) but we have missed his kicking with George using his hands more. A compromise as you suggest would be to play him on the wing where can work between the arcs.

can he play as a mid sometime

What makes you think he would be a good midfielder?

His strengths - overhead marking, reading of the play, long left foot

His weaknesses - lack of awareness in tight, average handball, slow

He is literally made to play on the arcs, which he has shown at times this year. Nothing about him screams playing him in the guts

What makes you think he would be a good midfielder?

His strengths - overhead marking, reading of the play, long left foot

His weaknesses - lack of awareness in tight, average handball, slow

He is literally made to play on the arcs, which he has shown at times this year. Nothing about him screams playing him in the guts

I think your analysis of him is flawed

Has he shown anything on the contrary? I don’t recall anyone ever saying his disposal is elite by hand, or that he’s quick or evasive.

He's good in traffic as he uses his awareness and possesses a good step.

Has he shown anything on the contrary? I don’t recall anyone ever saying his disposal is elite by hand, or that he’s quick or evasive.

I just want him there like occasionally at least

Good ball users delivering to forwards is a crazy idea I know

Has been used everywhere this year. Jose had him in the ruck and FB in JLT. Yes the young fella is versatile but he has played around 20 games. He is ok at HB but needs more involvement, either on the wing as The Mase suggested or on ball.

I mean sure but just because someone is a good player doesn’t mean they’d be good in the midfield

He dominated there two years ago in the Ressies.

He dominated there two years ago in the Ressies.

But I don’t see anything about him now, in the AFL, that suggests he’d contribute more in the midfield than where he has been playing. He was one of our best players last week playing on the arc, now apparently he doesn’t belong there?

But I don’t see anything about him now, in the AFL, that suggests he’d contribute more in the midfield than where he has been playing. He was one of our best players last week playing on the arc, now apparently he doesn’t belong there?

Open your eyes :p

Back