Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to go all out to keep him unless someone pays him like a million.

And if they do, I'm expecting their first round pick no matter where it is.

He, Mills and Hickey have been our stand outs this season.

Pretty sure this is the second time you’ve posted this… may have a reasonable source…?

I have received similar inside tips about Swans list management from this guy years ago. So they are either an insider, know an insider or are a masterful troll.

Pretty sure this is the second time you’ve posted this… may have a reasonable source…?

Maybe he means due to lockdown and restrictions he’s not going out anywhere

On the cusp of re-signing according to Fox, on a ' less substantial contract than what he would have commanded elsewhere. '

If true, massive kudos to the young fella!

Along with Hickey (who needs an upgrade for a haircut) and Mills, he is one of our most important players. He can play with distinction in most roles, other than imitating a cranky Papley or mercurial Bud.

Its all leaked by player managers " the rumours about our cap are probably true" otherwise why risk losing Dawson for a money that is substantially less than what he would command on the market.

We literally cant move a dime well done to Dawson for accepting less and the club probably breathes a huge sigh of relief.

2 years time will be a different story, though of course we'll be sans Buddy then which will help. We'll also, hopefully, be well and truly in the midst of a premiership window which will not help.
Wouldn't being in a premiership window, hopefully actually being in top 4 over 2022-23, be a big help to re-signing anyone in the best 22, not just Dawson, to less money than they'd get elsewhere? It would be much harder to persuade players to stay for less, if we didn't have that carrot dangling in front of us/them.

Basically, if it's the case that we're currently paying the likes of Heeney, Lloyd, Papley, Blakey etc good money, that when they're up for renewal in the next few years, it should be more likely they are reasonable in their requests because we're in the thick of finals/flag chances, and they can see we need to spread the money around to our current youngsters and those who've extended for only a couple of years recently e.g. McCartin, hopefully Dawson.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I had those thoughts too. Would have loved for him wear the great number 30. Jordan has similar attributes but is a better contested mark and reads the play better. Bayes was a wonderful one club servant.

Still one of my all time favourite players in the 34 was Stewie Gull. Stewie was a terrific KPF on his day when he would mark everything in sight and kick straight. On other days he would kick like the Tigers Richo on a bad day. Stewie is still a great supporter of the Bloods.
Nope, Bayes was a fantastic mark and took many hangers. Myabe memories fade with time, but at one stage he was the only player the Swans had and he would have to do everything - and he did it all with no front teeth!

We need to get close, perhaps with a back ended contract? Cannot lose him. He’ll become one of the best in the competition.

Not 750k good though. No way. You pay that kind of money to KPP or an elite mid even if one of the best in the comp at his position

Not 750k good though. No way. You pay that kind of money to KPP or an elite mid even if one of the best in the comp at his position
Yeah, he's not there yet but it's a gamble a club at the bottom would be willing to take. It's not a stretch to imagine him being worth that on a long term contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back