Past 34. Sam Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Early days as he's missed a lot of footy.

From the little I've seen he appears to be mentally tough and will develop at a reasonable rate once he gets back as a result.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
What I really liked about Philp during his draft year was that after he was overlooked for the Vic Metro squad he worked so hard on improving the aspects of his game that were deemed to have held him back. This is why he went from not good enough to make the Vic Metro squad to a 1st round draft pick.

Philp will make sure he leaves no stone unturned in the pursuit of a successful AFL career.

He’ll be fine the next Liam Stocker, we got one here ladies n gentleman he’ll be unbelievable

2021 was hugely disappointing for so many reasons at Carlton. Sam's injury just about sits at the top of the tree for me as for reasons why.

Am a huge fan of this kid but 2021 was a write off for him through injury. Would love to hear how his recovery is progressing, and am hopeful he'll be able to put in a full preseason ahead of season three.

Very excited to see what he can do in 2022. If he stays fit over the summer he's someone I can absolutely see breaking into the 22 and making it difficult for the coaching staff to leave him out, just as Stocker did in 2021.

Thank you Sam

The Carlton Football Club can confirm three changes to its playing list following the conclusion of its 2023 AFL season, with Josh Honey, Sam Philp and Lochie O’Brien to depart IKON Park.

“The Club wishes all three players nothing but the best for the next chapter in their journey.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back