Past 34. Sam Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we got the kid ive wanted all year. Will be a 400 game player, 3 time Brownlow, cure cancer and invent the time machine

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Stop being so frumpy! He is way better than that.

Last edited:

Was strongly rumoured to be a bolter the last few days. Obviously by our trade from 22 to 20 it can be assumed that Richmond may have been keen as they also took a speedster in Dow next pick.

Kemp and Philp both have speed and size.
FWIW Tony Debolfo tweeted that his family are mad tigers fans.

I remember a conversation I had with an old cricket mate earlier in the year (he's involved heavily with the NB's) who said Teague and his coaches biggest concern was lack of speed out of the midfield (hence Matt Kennedy moving forward).
He said that we have forwards (Curnow and Harry) who are extremely quick and agile for their size, but any advantage they got was negated by the lack of speed out of the guts.
This then gave opposition backmen time to 'catch up' and affect a spoil, or at the very least, create a contest.

This pick makes sense. Good luck Sam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the right one.
Don't worry about an inside midfielder showing more early, he's a player that fits for us.

Welcome Sam. Happy to have you on our side.

How many norm smith's will he win?

I watched a lot of Philp this season & had high hopes that we would draft him. He was consistently in the Knights' best, in a team that struggled a lot of the time.

His burst speed from contests really stood out & what I liked about him as the year went on is that he improved a couple of his weaknesses i.e. his disposal & getting forward into dangerous positions.

I stated a couple of times on here that I thought Philp had the makings of a good AFL player. Bring on 2020 & beyond.

Does anyone know if he can play a second position or is everyone still researching up on him like me? I’ve read he isn’t great on the outside so I would assume a future full time mid is his most likely go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back