Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what a pick is worth in dollar terms, we must have no TPP issues except how do we get close enough to 95% to no be fined, what would it be worth to a club to say you can have Black and we will pay his entire salary next year? would this bring his value from a fourth rounder to second rounder, can we do this? will the league create an on the spot rule if we do this? thoughts.

Lol. The answer is generally yes.

Don't see us getting Freo's 3rd. Then again trade period everyone becomes a gun I suppose.

He just reeks of a player that needs a change. Can we keep him and train him with the defenders? Maybe with the mids and play him on the wing. Not dissimilar to JMac in build maybe a back flanker who can play tall or small with his pace. Why persist with him in the same position and expect a different result? If we get no offers we have to delist him unless we are going to try and reinvent him.

He just reeks of a player that needs a change. Can we keep him and train him with the defenders? Maybe with the mids and play him on the wing. Not dissimilar to JMac in build maybe a back flanker who can play tall or small with his pace. Why persist with him in the same position and expect a different result? If we get no offers we have to delist him unless we are going to try and reinvent him.
Still got a contract for 2017 and on good coin. We won't delist him this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would make me very nervous in the backline. He is shithouse one on one. If he was on a smaller/lighter players though I guess its not so glaring.
His development makes me sad. He looked so promising.

Crazy feeling and I don't care what anyone else says but IF we didn't end up getting a trade for Blacky I have a feeling he could still be reborn and play a big part in our future. He was killing the VFL in the first part of the season before his injury. He has been crucified by the coaches the last few years who don't seem to understand his strengths. He has so many strong qualities but a one on one contest is not one of them. Give him a lead up forward/wing role and he will surprise a lot of people. In saying that I don't think he'll be with us next year which would be a great shame.

good for us that 3 clubs sniffing around. Highest bidder he goes.
Id be rapt with a couple of pick upgrades and take his salary next year. Say trade Black and our picks 31 and 32 for GC two picks in the twenties.

good for us that 3 clubs sniffing around. Highest bidder he goes.
Id be rapt with a couple of pick upgrades and take his salary next year. Say trade Black and our picks 31 and 32 for GC two picks in the twenties.

Realistically, an upgrade of even a couple of places on ONE of those picks would be a win.

Sad to see Black in this position, he has a lot of ability but he has let an aggressive Wood walk past him when he is every bit as talented as Wood. He just doesn't have the self-belief and aggression to demand the #1 spot. Nobody else can make you the man, you have to demand it and take it for yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back