AFL Club
GWS
Aidan Corr

272965-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Height: 195cm
Weight: 88kg
D/O/B: 17/5/1994
Position: Defender

The Giants drafted the defender with pick #14 in the 2012 National Draft and debuted in Round 6, 2013 against Essendon.
Aidan is a tall defender and is known for having excellent closing speed and agility and is extremely competitive by nature and spoils aggressively.

IRISH-born debutant Aidan Corr will replace Greater Western Sydney co-captain Phil Davis in the backline for this week's clash with Essendon at Etihad Stadium.

The 22-year-old Davis is the only Giant to appear in all 27 GWS matches so far, but a back injury will sideline him for the next six weeks.

That has paved the way for Corr, pick 14 in last year's draft, to make his AFL debut on Saturday afternoon.

"I had a good run and it's obviously disappointing for it to finish now," Davis said on Thursday.

"But it's a minor setback in the bigger picture and one of the positives is you get to see Aidan debut now.

"I think he's our 40th debutant for the Giants.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-02/debutant-an-irishman-to-the-corr

Last edited:

Has Aidan Corr featured much for you guys this season?His family lived about 3 miles away from me in County Tyrone,I used to work in the same factory as his Dad.Watched a few Giants games this season but didn't see him in the squad.

Has Aidan Corr featured much for you guys this season?His family lived about 3 miles away from me in County Tyrone,I used to work in the same factory as his Dad.Watched a few Giants games this season but didn't see him in the squad.
Played the first 3 games but has been out with an ankle issue for a good part of the season. He has been playing in NEAFL for about the last month.

Good player and would be in our best 22 when healthy but I'm not sure if he'll get called back up this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back