Player Watch #35 Caleb Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans rate character very highly, along with development over the last year or so. They would also have liked that he played seniors in a tough league. Lots of boxes ticked along with skills and physical characteristics.
As a fan I have to say he was never on my radar but what I've seen and heard makes me quite excited.
Think how Chad Warner has developed from Pick 39!
Dont do it.... don't do it.... Chad Warner links are dangerous

Could be a sneaky pick that develops much later.
He is definitely not dual-footed though, that right foot looked ugly.

Main thing is that he might not be fast enough for AFL but time will tell.

Could be a sneaky pick that develops much later.
He is definitely not dual-footed though, that right foot looked ugly.

Main thing is that he might not be fast enough for AFL but time will tell.

You might be right about the right foot (small sample size) - but at least he had the confidence to kick it on both feet.

As far as being fast enough, if you're good enough, you're fast enough. (Although if you're not fast, the good enough might have to be better than it would be if you were fast.)

What has happened to Sid? He has disappeared off the face of the Earth as far as sydneyswans.com.au is concerned. Not playing footy at AFL or VFL level and not mentioned in any injury reports either. What gives?

I don't know where he's been but... Sid's BACK! He played against the Borough in the Reserves loss on Saturday. Picked up 9 disposals, a goal and a tackle. He must have heartbeat. And has relocated our postcode.
Played limited minutes and had a positive impact when he came on. He is a playmaker.Like his attitude, quite positive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear the positive reports. The recruiters certainly rated him. And the players and coaches were talking him up over the pre-season. I wonder where he's been? (Noting the reference to glandular fever above.)

I remember Mitchell looked quite sluggish in the Box Hill round 1 vfl game (the last game before his long absence). So it probably did have a effect on him because he previously was one of the better distance runners at the club.

Mitchell/Konstanty were the two draftees that got talked up by the club in the preseason. But both of them missed the first two months of the season. So it is hard to make a immediate judgement.

i reckon he’s not far from a debut. Moves like a seniors player, covers the ground easily and is daring with the ball. I can see him getting some sub games very soon.

He clearly had a great pre season. The kid looks to have put some muscle on his frame. Thought he faded a little in Q 4 but he’d had a massive first 3/4 s and few would have worked harder and ran more clicks than most. Clearly bog imo.

Would love to see how he goes in a few outings against stronger VFL midfields before he gets near the seniors but injuries mean he could get a guernsey this week v the Tiggers.

i reckon he’s not far from a debut. Moves like a seniors player, covers the ground easily and is daring with the ball. I can see him getting some sub games very soon.
I wouldn't be shocked for him to debut this weekend.

Corey and Wicks were both a little underwhelming. I can easily see one of them being dropped to the VFL with Mitchell coming in as the sub

I wouldn't be shocked for him to debut this weekend.

Corey and Wicks were both a little underwhelming. I can easily see one of them being dropped to the VFL with Mitchell coming in as the sub
Cunningham out too now though. Corey and Wicks could both play a full game with Mitchell debuting as sub.

Absolutely, Cunningham for Mitchell makes way too much sense
Nope. Lloyd will drop back and either Corey stays or Fox returns. Either of them to be the sub. I hope they don't debut him as a sub. The game is over before you pick up the pace of it.
If Fox isn't fit it might be a different story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back