Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s already such a barometer for us. As others have noted, works extremely hard to provide leads that more often than not go unrewarded by teammates.
His stats aren’t overwhelming, but he surely won’t learn anything playing in the two’s. Keeping him in the team is good for him and the team as a whole I think.

He also mans the mark very well with these new rules. The number of times he instantly ran in and pressured the ball carrier as soon as the umpire called play on was great, especially compared to other players who just stand like statues even after the ump calls play on

A bit like Peter Bell or Andrew Swallow, very professional in attending to every small detail he needs to, to maximise his performance for the team.

In a better performing team his numbers would be up. None of our wingers or half forwards seem to be getting much ball.

I think he will turn into a quality winger in time, not sure if he will graduate to an inside mid roll? A very neat player with a couple of elite traits. Good in the air too for his size. I see him as an eventual upgrade on Dumont.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back