Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

A very good game for Lizard.

29 disposals, 4 marks,5 tackles, 3 clearances, 4 i50s and kicked 1.1
Played half forward and inside mid, including a few centre clearances. Worked hard both ways and his link work was superb. Used it pretty well and his handballing was a feature. Probably only saw 2 clangers.

First-year player Charlie Lazzaro has been taking his game to the next level in the VFL, with the midfielder improving on a week-to-week basis with the reserve side.

Having been made to earn his time at the coalface, Lazzaro did not disappoint when thrown into the middle, finishing with 29 disposals, 12 contested possessions and a well-deserved goal.

“Charlie’s work-rate and intensity have been really good in the last few weeks, but he probably hasn’t got the reward he’d have hoped for playing as a forward ... he got that today,” Adams said.

“With us not having many midfielders today and Jed only playing half … he was able to just hunt the footy a bit more.

“He was clean inside, he was making good decisions and I was really happy with his game.”

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First-year player Charlie Lazzaro has been taking his game to the next level in the VFL, with the midfielder improving on a week-to-week basis with the reserve side.

Having been made to earn his time at the coalface, Lazzaro did not disappoint when thrown into the middle, finishing with 29 disposals, 12 contested possessions and a well-deserved goal.

“Charlie’s work-rate and intensity have been really good in the last few weeks, but he probably hasn’t got the reward he’d have hoped for playing as a forward ... he got that today,” Adams said.

“With us not having many midfielders today and Jed only playing half … he was able to just hunt the footy a bit more.

“He was clean inside, he was making good decisions and I was really happy with his game.”

Comes in for Phillips and leave him in the middle?

He was doing some work the big TC when they had their free time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love the effort TC seems to make in supporting the young blokes.

Love the effort TC seems to make in supporting the young blokes.

I definitely agree!! If he gets moved on I’d definitely want him at the club to be a mentor for the draftees and younger players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is looking good, but the calls to bring him straight back in a perhaps a bit premature. That performance will give him confidence, but doing it several weeks in a row will give even greater confidence. And even from that highlights package it's clear he still has some basics to improve such as making sure he keeps his feet. Would be good to see all of these young kids cycle through both VFL and Seniors over the last 7 rounds.

Back