Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

139930869_869949070213868_4206623103342009288_n.jpg

Our later picks in the draft are the players I'm really most excited about. I think they will all bring some real excitement to the games they play. This kid reminds me of Jy the way he moves at times.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm struggling to think of him as a North player because he's not the type we'd usually pick. I reckon if he was still on the board he would have been the Tigers' first pick.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm struggling to think of him as a North player because he's not the type we'd usually pick. I reckon if he was still on the board he would have been the Tigers' first pick.

There's a touch of Matty Larkin in the way he shifts direction in traffic.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Powell the new JMac then?

Yep, he'll get delisted at 37 years of age and then tZ will declare to the world that he was right all along.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seems to have a pretty elite change of direction & quick hands in the footage I've seen. Will fit right in with what Russell is trying to do around quick handballs.

He's a dyed in the wool inside mid............eventually.

Never makes the same mistake in training more than once. Makes a mistake...listen...learns...then applies whatever he has been told.

Intelligent and incredibly coachable.

Carries himself with a bit of confidence too. Not a strut and any mug lair up himself bullshit, but a kind of yep, I know I belong on this training ground with these blokes, I'm good enough and I do the work.

"Buy in" I suppose they'd call it.

There's a touch of Matty Larkin in the way he shifts direction in traffic.

I think - and hope - this turns out to be a good comparison Snake.

I was a touch surprised that Charlie wasn't 6 feet tall, but neither was Matty.

Hell, even their hairstyles aren't too dissimilar!

Back