Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Demetriou, kourkoumelis and Marcou back in the day
I ran into Alex Marcou a few years ago at a late night haunt and ended up having a few with him, he's actually in the fashion industry. Pretty nice bloke.

A few of the posters that have reported on past training seem to really rate this guy. My only query is where do we put him with his foot skills and versatility up forward.

A few of the posters that have reported on past training seem to really rate this guy. My only query is where do we put him with his foot skills and versatility up forward.

My guess is that he starts as a crumbing forward pocket, progressing to stints in the midfield & then hopefully putting his hand up for a midfield spot in a couple years.

My guess is that he starts as a crumbing forward pocket, progressing to stints in the midfield & then hopefully putting his hand up for a midfield spot in a couple years.
I imagine similar to TT and Mahoney pushing up the ground as that half-forward and doubling back forward when we get the ball back in defence.

Not sure about ahead of powell but I'm a big fan of Lazzaro's skills and athleticism.
Displaying his fantastic kick on field at least at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows what he is capable of this year?

Might have proven to be rd1 caliber talent in the draft last year had the vics played in 2020. Was BOG in an u18 praccy match at the start of 2020 and then was BOG in a school boys game at the end of 2020.

Plenty of signs so far that he is one of probably many vics that have gone under the radar because of COVID-19.

He looks like an out & out inside mid to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back