Past #35: Declan Watson - won't be offered a new contract - Thanks Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 195cm, height is fine.
Weight is fine also as he is an athletic key defender

I'm pretty bullish about this guy

He was listed as 191cm in his draft year. Nielson is 194cm and Dec was noticeably shorter than him playing VFL level.

He is too short to be a genuine KP player at AFL level. More suited to a third tall type.

He was listed as 191cm in his draft year. Nielson is 194cm and Dec was noticeably shorter than him playing VFL level.

He is too short to be a genuine KP player at AFL level. More suited to a third tall type.
He's taller now, woods 192 and Watson is taller than him

I think he'd do fine at CHB on the more athletic type forward but not a power forward, third tall would work also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probs just sore.
Taking his time now.

“Initially I was pretty keen to get back and prove myself but as of last week, talking to Scotty [Brad Scott] and Joycey [Cameron Joyce], they just gave me the one-year extension so there’s not really any pressure to prove myself now which is nice,” Watson told North Media.

Very, very interesting from a list management perspective. Would've guessed he was one of the compulsory delistings purely by circumstance.

Congratulations to him all the same.
i still have the compulsory 3 changes as Waite retire (thommo a chance also), and delist Morgan and Nielson
junker delist off the rookie list

then Preuss/Goldy traded, to make room for any players brought in

I'd be very surprised (and actually a bit pissed) if they kept Watson over Nielson.

I realise it would be harsh coming off a knee, but sport isn't kind sometimes.

One has shown he is up to AFL standard and very good VFL performer, the other is still pretty unproven at VFL level, let alone AFL level.

We need to shed some key defenders off the list, it's way too unbalanced at the moment, Durdin and Nielson are probably in trouble.
Durds already confirmed contracted and will be on the list next year

lock in nielson delisted, too much of a tweener for the modern game

Durds already confirmed contracted and will be on the list next year

lock in nielson delisted, too much of a tweener for the modern game

Nielson is 3 cm's taller than Watson..........

Good for him. It would be a huge relief to know he's locked in for a further year allowing him to concentrate on his continued return to full fitness.

Make every post a winner Dec. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back