Past #35: Declan Watson - won't be offered a new contract - Thanks Dec

This boy has something. He was on Woody today during a marking session and Wood could only take 1 mark out of 15 or so kicks to their direction. Declan spoiled the rest.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This boy has something. He was on Woody today during a marking session and Wood could only take 1 mark out of 15 or so kicks to their direction. Declan spoiled the rest.

Interesting.

He might be in competition with Nielsen as an eventual replacement for Thommo.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You ******* smart ass ;)

I was more meaning I got NO idea about Watson
I wasn't meaning to sass you, honestly. More of the reaction to his signing. No one knows a ton about Watson because he has little exposed form but the club are backing in his traits and undiscovered potential over Nielson who would have killed it 15 years ago but doesn't do enough with the footy for modern AFL.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wasn't meaning to sass you, honestly. More of the reaction to his signing. No one knows a ton about Watson because he has little exposed form but the club are backing in his traits and undiscovered potential over Nielson who would have killed it 15 years ago but doesn't do enough with the footy for modern AFL.

To be honest we have not seen much of Nielson at AFL level either

Be a great surprise should he get a futher extension. We are straw clutching.

And yeah you can all GAGF :p

I've seen him live he can play nn. Good aerobically, courage and good in the air but admittedly a small sample. Something about him though.

Never seen this bloke play, but taking a line from the posts on this page (and his re-signing), it's pretty clear that the club feels he is a better prospect than Nielson for the Thompson role post 2019. If he gets there, it's another neat piece of list management. (Big 'if', I concede).

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah nice update on a guy who we definitely needed an update about. forward line move is intriguing. honestly not certain if i have seen this bloke play footy before.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t mind it. It’s eady for us to sit back and look at highlights and wonder why the move forward. The coaches have obviously seen capability there, it’s not like we’re short of backs.

Back