Past #35: Declan Watson - won't be offered a new contract - Thanks Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Very strange move

Never played forward and coming off a knee it’s best to play in defence than forward line.

I wonder if he'll go back now.

Expect to see Mckay playing a full season in the seniors now.

That leaves durds coming off injury playing FB? Declan can lock-in chb. He needs to be ready to replace Thompson post his retirement.

I wonder if he'll go back now.

Expect to see Mckay playing a full season in the seniors now.

That leaves durds coming off injury playing FB? Declan can lock-in chb. He needs to be ready to replace Thompson post his retirement.

You’d think EVW would have to play on more talls next season

Round one suspension, but it is questionable who he replaces if B Mac goes well.

I get the feeling and hope , that if you find yourself out you need to find yourself back in - either through form or others failure.

I wouldn’t think Thomo is a given for round two unless he is seen as best 22 Thst week.

What a beautiful place to be;)

Declan Watson was prominent his his first hit-out after he missed the entire 2018 season with an ACL injury, but showed why he was taken quite highly in the 2016 draft.

Recruited as a defender, Watson is focusing on developing his forward craft this summer, and showed natural ability inside the forward 50, taking strong marks and hitting the scoreboard.

180119_Gallery1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Declan Watson was prominent his his first hit-out after he missed the entire 2018 season with an ACL injury, but showed why he was taken quite highly in the 2016 draft.

Recruited as a defender, Watson is focusing on developing his forward craft this summer, and showed natural ability inside the forward 50, taking strong marks and hitting the scoreboard.

180119_Gallery1.jpg

Interesting development. Can't figure out if this says more about him or McKay and their confidence that he will be an anchor in the backline for at least a few years.

Didn’t play today? Wasn’t mentioned in the most recent injury list either. Curious as to what’s going on with him.

It’s pretty incredible the cloak and daggers going on at the club at the moment with regard to injuries.

Bloody scientist have taken over the running of the club and in that time we’ve fallen behind so many other clubs

Hey, hey, hey................these people are definitely not "scientists".

They exist in a world of bullshit.

Just needs a bit of luck. Missing 12 months doesn't help obviuously, then after a reasonable preseason the spot opens up for him up forward, and he manages to get injured again, just when he'd probably get a game ahead of Campbell early in the season. Now that Larkey is doing well, it will be harder for him again, but needs to be pushing in case the spot opens up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back