Player Watch #35: Harry "Coleman" Petty – the answer to our KPF woes?

Remove this Banner Ad

KPD. Development - only weighs 80kgs at mid-190s. Beanpole for now.

That said, with the retirement of Judy I don't mind a developmental KPD. We've got OMac-Frost-TMac-Pedo for 2018 so I won't be surprised to see him at Casey for a fair while.

KPD. Development - only weighs 80kgs at mid-190s. Beanpole for now.

That said, with the retirement of Judy I don't mind a developmental KPD. We've got OMac-Frost-TMac-Pedo for 2018 so I won't be surprised to see him at Casey for a fair while.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Good KPD potential good to have them now for when you need them later. Wanted him or Taylor at one of our picks soccer happy here.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I know nothing about him but I except he will be in future best 22 projections from posters on here

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the SEN Inside Football Draft Special, with a top score of 5, he rated as follows:

Kicking 4
Marking 4.5
Accumulating 3.5
Contested Ball 3.5
Speeds 3
Agility 4.5
Endurance 3.5
Draft Range: Third Round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our young key position stocks are well and truly deep now. I like this pick - looks a little similar to OMac actually, buts that's ok - we need another big bodied stopper if TMac goes forward and Lever is our interceptor.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
ben guthrie had this to say about him Look for Petty to push to be in senior contention early days too – he can play.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I honestly think the coaching group don’t rate Frost as highly as some supporters do. That isn’t to say they think he is rubbish, but they’re definitely not convinced he will be a long term player imo

Would fit in well at Port.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I honestly think the coaching group don’t rate Frost as highly as some supporters do. That isn’t to say they think he is rubbish, but they’re definitely not convinced he will be a long term player imo
I’m not fully convinced. He has some great athletic attributes, but I don’t think he is a natural footballer.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I get that impression from the club as well. They do seem pretty confident that O Mac will be a long term best 22 player for us but can't say the same for Frost.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't forget that Lever is not a lock down CHB or FB. He is an intercept mark and release.
Yep, his ideal role is playing as the intercepting third tall. I'd have O Mac and Frost as our key defenders atm like a lot of us probably would. In the future however if Weideman comes on up forward as expected it might mean T Mac (our best key defender currently) moves back to defence as we could be too tall up forward with Hogan, T Mac and Weideman all in the same forward line. If T Mac moves back to the defence in the future then one of O Mac or Frost goes out of the side I reckon. Petty might even develop well enough to be a long term key defender for us. I can't say I'm confident that Frost will be a best 22 player for our side in say 3-4 years time but for now I'd have him in our best 22 alongside Jetta, O Mac, Lever, Hunt & Hibberd as our back 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back