Player Watch #35: Harry "Coleman" Petty – the answer to our KPF woes?

Even Ben Brown was able to ragdoll Omac

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He looks like in a year or 2 he's gonna be strong as *. Like impossible to move. I also love that we know if we have to we could chuck him forward for a quarter to sneak a snag or 2

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had one bad moment at the start of the game, then was flawless.

Unbelievable find. When Tomo went down I thought our season was stuffed.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Waa going to give a shout out to the guy as well. Our season could have seriously derailed after Tommo went down. After a shaky first game or two, he has been bloody excellent as that full back, play on the guerrilla's type of guy. This allows Lever and May to be more damaging in the air and play on lesser opponents. He's looked right at home during finals. As has all our kids(maybe except for Riv), which is a credit to leadership and coaching staff.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In 2017 Carlton drafted Dow, Lachie O'Brien and Tom de Koning in the top 30. Our first three picks, starting at #29 were Spargo, Fritsch and Petty. Bravo JT.

I had to rub my eyes and rewind on IQ to make sure i saw what i thought i did.

Kicked the ball with his ankle off a mark under no pressure. Beaten one on one in almost every contest. Did absolutely nothing in terms of pressure (for all of Smith's spudiness at least he has a crack), cant even remember him spoiling an opponent. To say he's not ready would be an understatement.

Out Gillie'd Tom today. If i see him again this year it will be well and truly too soon.

hahaha, what a utensil head

hahaha, what a ********
I yelled at him over the fence that day when he came past. Pretty ******* shameful in retrospect, even if he'd never come good. Was a kid.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I love Petty. I think the next step for his development is to really bulk up so he can handle the monsters. Especially with May nearing 30.
He's already able to I reckon. He's shown for the most part to be that entrenched full back to allow May and Lever where best suits us. He looked solid on Hawkins when he played on him last weekend. A little bit more bulk is handy, but I don't think he needs to bulk up too much. His running capacity is actually quite impressive and a strength of his. He seems to be able to get that fist in when his opponent is on the lead and he can handle himself in a 1v1 contest. His kicking and decision making is solid as well. What a find this kid has been this season. Not sure what it means for Tomlinson though...

He's already able to I reckon. He's shown for the most part to be that entrenched full back to allow May and Lever where best suits us. He looked solid on Hawkins when he played on him last weekend. A little bit more bulk is handy, but I don't think he needs to bulk up too much. His running capacity is actually quite impressive and a strength of his. He seems to be able to get that fist in when his opponent is on the lead and he can handle himself in a 1v1 contest. His kicking and decision making is solid as well. What a find this kid has been this season. Not sure what it means for Tomlinson though...
I think with Hibb nearing the end Tommo still has a spot - May can drop into the third tall spot.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pig may even retire if we win the Flag, with Tomlinson to come back in and our young defenders on the rise, he may see the writing on the wall.

Pig may even retire if we win the Flag, with Tomlinson to come back in and our young defenders on the rise, he may see the writing on the wall.
Could still get a game elsewhere for a year or two if he left.

Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
The desperation smother on his knees the other night when we were 70+ points up was bloody amazing and just demonstrates the work they're doing as a defensive unit to not allow the opposition to score.

The kid is a jet in my eyes. Unassuming country lad. I love him.

Back