Player Watch #35: Harry "Coleman" Petty – the answer to our KPF woes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone else already mentioned it but when he sprayed Rivers for a dump kick late in the last ♥

0% chill. Hes like Lisa as a hockey goalie in the Simpsons.

Me:

Wow! Eye of the tiger! Mouth of a teamster! To think of all the time I wasted on you! (points at Adam Tomlinson)

Uh, well, not wasted. Um, I love you.

Love me a good Melbourne campaigner who isn't afraid to give out a decent old spray.

Feel like we'll see Petty grow into a future leader down back.

He is everything this club was trying to turn Oscar McDonald into.

As good as Petty has been playing. He is a forward. A much better forward. I saw enough in his few games as a forward to tell me this and this is where I would play him once Tomlinson comes back.

I would also trial Weideman as a defender. I think it's a joke that he's never been trialled there.

Someone else already mentioned it but when he sprayed Rivers for a dump kick late in the last ♥

Is this folk lore? I looked backat the game and if there was a spray it certainly wasn't caught on camera, or on the audio. So the rumour(true or not) must have started from someone at the game because it certainly didn't happen on the tv.

Is this folk lore? I looked backat the game and if there was a spray it certainly wasn't caught on camera, or on the audio. So the rumour(true or not) must have started from someone at the game because it certainly didn't happen on the tv.
Garry Lyon heard it on the boundary when he was preparing for the fox cross

Had one of the worst debut games I can remember. It was the only game he played in 2018.

Played 10 games for just two wins in 2019. A handful of these games were played as a forward.

Missed all of 2020.

Now a premiership player.

Predicting a long solid career ahead!

As good as Petty has been playing. He is a forward. A much better forward. I saw enough in his few games as a forward to tell me this and this is where I would play him once Tomlinson comes back.

I would also trial Weideman as a defender. I think it's a joke that he's never been trialled there.

I'm a couple of weeks late and he's suspended now but uh...this is madness.

Upon reflection it’s easier to give him some credit and put at least some of that down to how atrociously we played that day. I remember Jake Melksham coming out after that game and admitting that we didn’t take it seriously and didn’t start trying until the last 15 minutes. Absolute shambles. Not a great day to make your debut in a key post. Made for a much slower start to Petty’s career as well, he looked similarly nervy in his first few games down back in 2019 and this year, although that might just be confirmation bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upon reflection it’s easier to give him some credit and put at least some of that down to how atrociously we played that day. I remember Jake Melksham coming out after that game and admitting that we didn’t take it seriously and didn’t start trying until the last 15 minutes. Absolute shambles. Not a great day to make your debut in a key post. Made for a much slower start to Petty’s career as well, he looked similarly nervy in his first few games down back in 2019 and this year, although that might just be confirmation bias.

Meh, not saying hes gonna match him but Alex Rance looked shithouse early aswell, so did chip Frawley and Weitering. Tough place to start when it's a losing team.

Won't be surprised if as early as next year Petty starts getting the #1 KPF and lets May play a bit more of an offensive game.
Yeah especially for Mays body. Let him have some easier games on dopey second talls that let May rebound more. He starts as many attacks as Salem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back