Player Watch #35: Harry "Coleman" Petty – the answer to our KPF woes?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm excited to see how he goes with the more attacking gameplan and hopefully means Trac goes back to spending more time up forward. Also means we get to drop one of Harmes or Jordon.
Also probably means Gus and Viney go back to sucking because we funnel every clearance through Clarry and he can't play any other role

I'm excited to see how he goes with the more attacking gameplan and hopefully means Trac goes back to spending more time up forward. Also means we get to drop one of Harmes or Jordon.

He needs to sacrifice his game a bit, not disturb the flow and unpredictability we have going in the midfield right now. Him getting 40 touches means * all. Get him playing like he did in that game against Sydney where he hurt them on the outside and we are onto a winner. Im scared of it going the other way and the midfield becoming a stale predictable mess with centre bounce attendances all going to 3 or 4 blokes. Learn from his mate Trac, you dont need your possessions to make us better.

Also probably means Gus and Viney go back to sucking because we funnel every clearance through Clarry and he can't play any other role
Worst case scenario that. I'd be rotating Clarry through the forwardline with Trac similar to the Swans game early this year if Viney and Brayshaw can't get involved.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Worst case scenario that. I'd be rotating Clarry through the forwardline with Trac similar to the Swans game early this year if Viney and Brayshaw can't get involved.
Dunno if it's worst case. Viney and Gus looked crap most of the year till Oliver went out. Definitely like the look of Oliver forward, we need to keep everyone hungry and not get back to every ruck tap going to Oliver or bust

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is my concern also with how the dynamic is going to change with Oliver back in. I mean, yes of course a fully fit Oliver makes us better but with the midfield structure and dynamic looking the best it has since 2021 I'm super wary what this means for Viney and Brayshaw.

Our entries inside 50 have also improved instead of the dump mongrel kicks by Oliver. He's gotta be able tinker some aspects of his game otherwise it'll throw our system out of wack.

I suppose having Oliver back in means no more Harmes or Jordon at least.

Christ. Not sure we can rely on him being back for the start of next year now. Maybe even all of next season, h given Richo sounded like he was at a funeral. Crushing.

Back