Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

He definitely fills a unique spot on our list that hasn’t been filled since Adams. If he is able to step up, he will prove a very good acquisition.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Man, you talk like Billy "Ray" Hartung never existed.

He's going to be a powerful little unit in time.

Give him another 5 months of weights this pre-season and he's probably already physically right to go in all honesty.

I think he's definitely the most likely to debut out of the new recruits in 2020.

Turner vs Mahony is certainly going to be an interesting pre-season battle given Kayne's lack of offensive output and Jack's very high goal assist and score involvement numbers.

I reckon he has been in the gym this whole season. He wasn't that solid at the start of the year that's for sure.

Can't help but to think that Boomer is going to be a big influence on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CD ranked Mahony #3 at the Nationals and #5 in the Nab League in 2020.

1575279916394.png

From the limited vision I’ve seen he looks like Papley. Not overly quick but knows where to go and where the goals are.
Am I on the right track?

Yep.

Papley/Gresham/Jack Higgins type.

Despite how he looks, he's also one of the youngest in the draft.

Only turned 18 around 3 weeks ago.

For small forwards?
All players. Ratings points of 14+ per game is outstanding for his disposal counts. It's his comparative lack of pace that had him sliding. On the one hand he could be another Jade Gresham or Jack Higgins or Tom Papley, on the other hand he could be another Nathan Hrovat or Lewis Taylor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back