Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Not necessarily a forward pocket, but a general forward like a Gresham/Papley that works up the ground and gets 15-20 possessions a game and a good mix of assists/score involvements/goals.

Basically, he's the guy want want to have as the last possession before Larkey or Brown.

Yep patch Adams replacement and turner spot should be his target.
Improve tank and tackling pressure

The Roos have been impressed by exciting small forward Jack Mahony in match simulation and believe he could play in Round 1 if he continues his form.

A smart forward who finds space and uses the ball well, he is one of several players who will be desperate to fire in the four games ahead.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Roos have been impressed by exciting small forward Jack Mahony in match simulation and believe he could play in Round 1 if ................

.................JZ doesn't get up.

Dunno what this says about Hosie or Taylor.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mahony quite different in playing style to those 2 though.

IMO, Turner will play. If JZ misses they might go with Bonar in the swing role, and not play a dedicated forward.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
.................JZ doesn't get up.

Dunno what this says about Hosie or Taylor.

Mick McGuane told me that he reckons Curtis Taylor will play 150+ games, for North. Says he's definitely got what it takes.
Who knows whether or not this will eventuate, but Mick is a seriously good judge and I rate his opinion.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mick McGuane told me that he reckons Curtis Taylor will play 150+ games, for North. Says he's definitely got what it takes.
Who knows whether or not this will eventuate, but Mick is a seriously good judge and I rate his opinion.

I rate Mick's opinion also and I will ask inquire about your claim the next time I run in to him.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t know whether he’s Lincoln McCarthy or Robbie Gray’: North legend earmarks future Roo star

Get a funny feeling we might finally have a kid that doesn't need 2 years of VFL before he actually has an impact G.R.
Think he may step straight up 👍

Get a funny feeling we might finally have a kid that doesn't need 2 years of VFL before he actually has an impact G.R.
Think he may step straight up 👍
Impact small half-forward.

Looks the goods! One of those dynamic, low centre of gravity nuggets. Looked like a 100 game player already, the composure and headiness was there. Plus he kind of looks like Troy Makepeace from far away.
Mentioned it in the GDT. A cross between Troy and the great Corey Jones :-D

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree, he has strings to his bow that kid.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was pretty good when he had ball on hand. Good vision ,skills and something to work with.
Agree with that. A moment on the half forward line, just held the ball to draw the opponent to him before shooting the handball to Jy in space to deliver to Larkey in the goalsquare. Mahony plays smart and mature.

Proper footy player.

Can delay a disposal for that crucial half a second, shows great awareness and gets to the drop of the ball.

Looks a big shot for round 1 to me.

Time will tell with Jack. No doubt he’s got footy nous. His next step, for mine, is that he will need to be able to create more space for himself. That’s not an easy thing to do. If he can manage it, he’ll be major plus for us. If he can’t, unfortunately, he won’t make it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back