Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, he’s not excluded from playing by suspension. That doesn’t kick in until Rd 1.

We'd probably want to go in without him anyway. We're better off using this game to get his replacement up to speed.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
another emerging Roo could also be pushing for a call-up.

“Little Jack Mahony … he’s been catching my eye over the last few weeks,” Simpkin commented.

“His cleanness around the forward line and his attack on the ball’s been really good.”

Mahony enjoyed a taste of senior football in the pre-season, and is making all posts a winner on the track.

A mid season start could see Mahony in and really rip it up.

Mason Wood just cant seem to get a gig.
Not sure hes on Shaw's Xmas card list at the moment

l'm thinking that if he does get a go it will have to be on the backline....l cant see a spot for him there now after having played there for so long with not much to show for it. The only positive is with Garner going down its 1 less player to compete with...

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
still being nutted out I believe. Will be hard without top up players...with top up players comes extra risk.
Can’t remember who (maybe somebody chatting with Dwayne Russel?), but a conversation on SEN suggested it may just be 16 Vs 16 for about three quarters.

Actually, I think it was an interview with Higgo.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Can’t remember who (maybe somebody chatting with Dwayne Russel?), but a conversation on SEN suggested it may just be 16 Vs 16 for about three quarters.

Actually, I think it was an interview with Higgo.

A games consisting of three quarters? Typical AFL - they can’t even do maths. I for one would look forward to commentary around the tactics used in the second third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who for though?

I thought Curtis was doing alright and he’s the closest thing we have to a small forward at the moment.
That's the issue though - we don't have a small forward and we need one.

TT and CT are mid size - mercurial type forwards/mids. They shouldn't be dropped for a small forward.

Kayne masquerades as a small forward but we all know his offensive limitations.

In preseason Mahoney showed a lot of poise for a rookie.

If he did kick 3 and play well in the scratch match the let's bring in him - there are plenty of players that can be dropped - Wood and Ahern to begin with.

Back