Traded 35. Jarrad Jansen (2014-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can picture this guy in the future with Selwood and Caddy bulldozing through the midfield.

The good thing is because of his height, he could be able to roam up forward or back as well.

Can picture this guy in the future with Selwood and Caddy bulldozing through the midfield.

The good thing is because of his height, he could be able to roam up forward or back as well.

Such versatile potential, think that's what Carlton saw in Cripps, certainly sense for us being quite small in the midfield, actually another like him next year would be a good thing.

By the way, I believe the recent report of his height now, 193cm looks right!:thumbsu:

Lang will get No 11
Jensen will get No 35
Jake Koko will get No 8
This is based on the highest drafted kid gets the number of the highest games played retirees.

Lang will get No 11
Jensen will get No 35
Jake Koko will get No 8
This is based on the highest drafted kid gets the number of the highest games played retirees.
I knew there was a method I just couldn't remember it! Sounds good to me as well

I thought they decided a while back to use zero romance when it came to numbers.
i.e. If you are first picked you get the first available number.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Whether or not they give others that are already on the list the chance to change numbers first, I'm not sure.

I thought they decided a while back to use zero romance when it came to numbers.

Whether or not they give others that are already on the list the chance to change numbers first, I'm not sure.

It's first picked gets the number with the highest number of games played on it by the previous wearer - so Lang will presumably get 11.

oh ok.
Wierd.

Looking back at 2010 it was certainly the case.

Smedts - Harley
Guthrie - Ablett
GHS - Rooke

oh ok.
Wierd.

Looking back at 2010 it was certainly the case.

Smedts - Harley
Guthrie - Ablett
GHS - Rooke
And last year Thurlow for Wojos... with Scarletts getting handed onto Vardy at Scarlos request I believe

And how big is Kennedy, Jobe, Dangerfield, Fyfe and Pendelbury. Because that's half of the top 10 midfielders in the league all sitting around 6'2. It's not mandatory to be huge but it sure helps.

When we were at our best we had Ling, Corey and Bartel all at the 6'2 mark. Ablett and Chapman shorter but weighing in at 90kg or so...it was Selwood that was the outlier and he's not exactly lightweight.

FWIW East Fremantle measured him at 189cm ( 6' 2 1/2" ) about a week ago - according to one of the Colts players.
Big frame on him , will be pushing 90kgs playing weight eventually you would think.:thumbsu: Me likey !!

What happens now there's no NAB Cup? I've forgotten what their substituting it with.:confused:

There is still a NAB cup, its just shorter. Gone are the first two weeks of round robin style matches made up of 20 min halves.

Now its just two full length matches per team to be played over an 18 day period, one per day.

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

I'd assume there would still be the extended bench so you could swap out 8-9 players at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is still a NAB cup, its just shorter. Gone are the first two weeks of round robin style matches made up of 20 min halves.

Now its just two full length matches per team to be played over an 18 day period, one per day.

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

I'd assume there would still be the extended bench so you could swap out 8-9 players at half time.

Much appreciated, hope we get to see a bit of Kola and Jansen, I believe Darcy will be a little late starting due to the leg recovery process. - Thanks.:thumbsu:

Much appreciated, hope we get to see a bit of Kola and Jansen, I believe Darcy will be a little late starting due to the leg recovery process. - Thanks.:thumbsu:

No problem. I always enjoy watching NAB matches for that very reason, you get to see the next crop coming through. If I could I would watch the VFL games but they aren't televised in my area. You can only picture so much listening to the radio and the highlights on our site take a while to get uploaded (if at all).

I knew (as far as one can know) that Walker would get the #34 jumper when Simon Hogan announced his retirement. It was pretty much a no brainer. I can think of no other reason than the fact that his grandfather wore the number 34 at CHB for the Cats. Would you call that romantic?

Yeah I would I guess.

I just thought they made a decision to not get themselves caught up in romance.
i.e. Holding Gazzas jumper back a bit.
But they did hold Harleys. So ignore me :D

No problem. I always enjoy watching NAB matches for that very reason, you get to see the next crop coming through. If I could I would watch the VFL games but they aren't televised in my area. You can only picture so much listening to the radio and the highlights on our site take a while to get uploaded (if at all).

I was going to say checkout the Geelong FC feed, that way you'll find out who's doing what apart from watching it yourself, you'll get most of the information you want.
I had Foxtel, got rid of it after quite a few phone calls that is!

Jansen in #35...

newnumbers_620X370.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back