AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Out for <insert weeks> with a calf strain - 18/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I watched the game but I also have the fun job of keeping the game day thread in check so excuse me if I haven’t watched the replay yet.

I notice that the intercept possession stat and the intercept mark stat are 1 for 1 over the entire playing list of both teams so it could be that champion data have confused or conflated the two.

Lol clanger count. Are we holding everyone up to that standard?

Considering how little of the ball he gets, and how few of those clangers are free kicks, it's a problem. I don't care that he is averaging only 12 disposals a game, but when 5 of those are turn overs, he becomes a liability.

Great depth option but I think Redman comes in for him as soon as he’s 100%. Really liked his endeavour & desperation last night though.

Feels like a role has been specifically created for him due to his footballing traits, but shouldn't be keeping the likes of Ridley & Redman out of the side going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking and decision making was so much better today. He still cracked in amazingly hard as always. Definitely looks better up the ground - I think he just gets too nervous when he gets the ball in the back 50. Anyway Redman is way better than him at that role.

He was ******* stiff to get the chop !! Beautiful today, beautiful.
Well no, he wasn't. His first three games were poor. His game today was very good, but let's not rewrite history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back