AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Out for <insert weeks> with a calf strain - 18/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent news good to see we have a good batch of youngsters.

Parish,Francis,McGrath,Guelfi,Redman,DylanClarke, Zerk-Thatcher,Snelling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV does not endorse this signing.
I reckon Bruno is right in questioning Guelfi’s class but not his intensity. I see a lot of desperation in his play - smothers, spoils and hardness. Definitely needs to find another gear in his ball use to make a career but I’m glad he’s on the list.

I reckon Bruno is right in questioning Guelfi’s class but not his intensity. I see a lot of desperation in his play - smothers, spoils and hardness. Definitely needs to find another gear in his ball use to make a career but I’m glad he’s on the list.
I don't hate it when he's selected but I just don't think he offers much. :shrug:

Knee surgery "recently". 7 weeks would have him running at the end of October, before the start of pre-season (which is November). Probably not in main-training straight away...
Recently re-signed youngster Matt Guelfi underwent surgery to repair his lateral meniscus and will begin running in approximately seven weeks.

Never questioned his intensity or his hardness. Just said it's basically irrelevant because he doesn't have the physical ability to back it up. Also said that if he is someone's idea of an AFL olayer the competition could be expanded significantly because there would be 200 equivalent players who are not on an AFL list.

Intensity and hardness are attitude. Clearly his attitude is great because the rest of his game stinks and yet he's considered something close to best 22.

Reckon I gave his intensity a 7/10 somewhere along the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back