Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

I would still give Batchelor a 1 year deal if no interest from other clubs, Has been fantastic in both Finals in the VFL

We wont delist more than 5-6 players and Maric,Yarran,Hunt,Morris,Elton with 1-2 of Lennon,Miles,Lloyd being traded
If we lose all 8 of the above you'd think we would need Batchelor. It's a hell of a big cut in a middling draft.

If we lose all 8 of the above you'd think we would need Batchelor. It's a hell of a big cut in a middling draft.
I would still give Batchelor a 1 year deal if no interest from other clubs, Has been fantastic in both Finals in the VFL

We wont delist more than 5-6 players and Maric,Yarran,Hunt,Morris,Elton with 1-2 of Lennon,Miles,Lloyd being traded
I reckon we should keep Morris, as a back up reserves not so much for what he will do (BIG) if he gets a run at AFL but more about his leadership and endevour around the club. Playing with a guy who attacks the ball and is willing to put his body on the line like he does is really good for the younger guys. If we only had 1 or 2 delistings than yea delist him, but that won't be the case. I just cannot hack seeing Elton or (soft as butter) Lennon ever play another game at RIchmond.

The definites:
Yarran
Maric
Miles
Elton (not even playing VFL at this stage)

The maybes:
Lennon
Hunt
Morris

Really hope we keep Lloyd though.

We will need to off load 6 players this year

3 rookie upgrades = Moore , Castagna , Stengle
1 x P. Naish
2 x 1st rounders

Retired - Maric , Yarran
Delist - Hunt,Elton,Morris
Trade - 1 of Lennon , Miles , Lloyd

Love this
Ellis also shared a story of teammate, fellow defender and housemate Nathan Broad from the final minutes of Richmond’s 36-point triumph over the GWS Giants at the MCG in their preliminary final.

“With two to three minutes to go against GWS, I looked over to him and he had tears in his eyes,” he said.

“I went ‘mate, what are you doing?’ and he goes ‘I can’t believe I’m playing in the Grand Final next week.’

“It was priceless and it shows just how proud he is and how passionate he is. I’m bloody pumped for him.”
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/25/tiger-defender-chimes-in-on-clash-jumper-debate/

Lloyd shouldnt/won't as he is great backup as a small fwd/mid now. will play a few games next year.

Yes to Maric, Yarran, Hunt and Elton. Morris probably will as well, same as Lennon. thats 6. George upgraded, Moore possibly. leaves 4 in the draft. perfect amount.

We will need to off load 6 players this year

3 rookie upgrades = Moore , Castagna , Stengle
1 x P. Naish
2 x 1st rounders

Retired - Maric , Yarran
Delist - Hunt,Elton,Morris
Trade - 1 of Lennon , Miles , Lloyd
Your story changes every week. Moore and Stengle don't need to be upgraded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the sense that they are a known commodity of sorts unlike the chances that a pick 50 onwards may not
So you want us to upgrade 3 rookies and then take 3 kids late in a draft you don't rate? This makes even less sense than your previous post. Why don't we keep them as rookies and then upgrade them next year when the rookie draft will have some quality? Just a thought.:'(:drunk:

You literally just said we would need to find people to fill the rookie list.
So wouldnt someone who we want to keep for 1 year, but wouldnt be likely for AFL be perfect?
News flash for yourself and all the clueless list managers on here. There will only be rubbish in this years rookie draft. So why the hell would you upgrade quality kids and then fill them with rubbish? Why would you swap Batchelor for ??Stengle or Moore? It doesn't make any sense. There are a few in line on front of Batchelor for delisting anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back