Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Almost played one of the most effective games ever for a bloke who barely touched the ball in 100 minutes of footy.

Sacrificed his game to lock down, and shutdown Hipwood for the second game in a row thus allowing Grimes to concentrate on slapping Charlie.

The most unobtrusive, and unknown player in the RFC side to supporters of other teams.

Has his moments where he makes errors but he is tough runs all day and matches up against all types, and gives it all every week

Is a key member of the set up, not because he is a star but because he isnt one is comfortable with that and plays his role and does his job every week.

Almost played one of the most effective games ever for a bloke who barely touched the ball in 100 minutes of footy.

Sacrificed his game to lock down, and shutdown Hipwood for the second game in a row thus allowing Grimes to concentrate on slapping Charlie.

The most unobtrusive, and unknown player in the RFC side to supporters of other teams.

Has his moments where he makes errors but he is tough runs all day and matches up against all types, and gives it all every week

Is a key member of the set up, not because he is a star but because he isnt one is comfortable with that and plays his role and does his job every week.

If I could just add to runs all day?.....Not the slowest man around either...I really like Nathan because you know what you'll get from him week in week out...Can be counted on to absolutely fight tooth'n'Nail....Love him for that...Go Tiges!!!

caddyshack

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Coach Damien Hardwick and his teammates have been quick to seize the opportunity to "fill in the gaps" in Broad's memory, much to their own amusement.
"Apparently, I owe 'Dimma' a hundred bucks, which I think is a bit of a lie, Dan Butler reckons I owe him a hundred bucks too. There's been a few gags thrown around to try and get me, but it's all good," Broad said.

Last edited:

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Broady will get Himmelberg and or Finlayson I reckon when they go up the ground.

Anothrer shutdown job on them tomorrow as he put on Hipwood and that will go a long way for the Tigers.

Might even get a job to run with Whitfield if he starts causing trouble as he did last time for a bit when we met them.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Players always have stinkers after concussions
Yeah, I genuinely think it's a risk. The news that he doesn't remember the prelim worries me. Might be a bit lost out there and he's not really a bloke you want at less than 100%.

Having said that, can't see anyone else who could do his role, so gotta back him in!

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Talk about a bloke that does his job but nobody knows and talks about
Another great game in another grand final

Nathan Broad - Respect

Spot on man.

Stepped up into a tall stopping role when Rance went down and is Elite in the AFL with spoils.

Did his job, and always goes unnoticed, tough, no frills and does whatever he is asked for the team.

Back