Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute gem of a player, I really liked him at WAFL level for his ranginess and running ability but to see him week in week out counteract aerial threats from players far taller and apparently stronger than him through smart positioning and bodywork is all class.

Always said with Broady don't look at his posses doesnt get much. Does he beat his man and 90% of the time he does.
Yep.

Beat Himmelberg.

Beat down Hipwood two weeks in a row.

Has a bit of campaigner in him which i also like, but is a team man and does a job and sticks to it.

Played a great game straight off concussion (not many do that).

From Sundays Herald Sun Broady said.

"We are a stingy group....even in that last bit, when we were up by 80 odd we were up for the fight and said. "Do not let a goal go in"!

That there says it all about our side and our kick arse defence of which this bloke has become a key member even if underated and unheralded.

Last edited:
Broady. Love his guts. Won't be AA. Won't get a JD. Almost got tossed for sharing a pic of his err GF celebrations.. But he's one of those players that the Richmond faithful haven't had for so long.. Think back over the last 15 years.. He makes me feel more at ease than most of the backs I can pull from my memory.
2x Premiership player now. Cops a big hit and gets back up for the big dance. Good work, Nathan.

Nathan Broad. 2 time premiership player. A great player for Richmond. Deserves respect.
Feck that, he has earned respect from me! Hard as nails (with a tad of mongrel in him) and a great team man while still playing his role dependably! :thumbsu: 😍:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Broad and the way he goes about it. Can’t wait for the R1 usual suspects to pop up and have him out of the team again and then bitch about his selection for the whole season again......

Bloody love the bloke.
Love his hardness and mongrel but also his respect he shows to others on and of the field.

His job isn't to gain possessions but the minimise his opponents.
Mission accomplished champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back