Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of the boys from my cricket club played with him down at swans - "rebounding half back, with a massive tank - tall but not big bodied, could also play on the wing"

K Mac - mk2?

What I like is he is not too long in the legs so he should be reasonably balanced. Interesting to see how he can defend against better forwards with a bit of leap to them at AFL level but I think he has the attributes to be nuisance value to opposition forwards with his size, height, speed and endurance at least.

I like the fact he worked hard for it setting goals etc.. with his coach after his mate made Carlton's list last year as a mature ager. Those type of backgrounds are good for performance culture to IMO and he could improve more as a result in a better performance environment

What a s**t off-season all round.

Our hopes of improvement rest on a disinterested speedster, a GWS reject, a Port Adelaide reject, and a young fella with famous last name.

In saying that good luck campaigners hope you all smash it out next year and stick it up the apparent blessed clubs! I don't rate you in the slightest Broad which is why you'll probably be best 22 by round 1.
You should be a motivational speaker, seriously!

From the draft edition of Inside Football...

From Swan Districts - DOB 15/4/93 - Height 191cm - Weight 83Kg
"Nathan is a real endurance athlete, our best 2Km runner at the club but he also has high speed. We flicked him around off a wing and half back but he settled across half back and had an outstanding year in which he finished fourth in our best and fairest. The level of development that came from his this year was staggering to be honest. The major knock on him has been his composure and decision-making but he's improved that out of sight. Averaged 20 disposals per game and played on the good players but could also play a free-flowing game when required. Considering where he was at this time last year there has been a huge change." - Swan Districts' coach Greg Harding

I've never seen him play but going off his short highlights package he did remind me quite a bit of Hibberd from Essendon who also played a couple of seasons at a state league prior to being draft, his knock always seemed to be his football smarts and descion making but as that improved his football dramaticly did too. I think Yarran will take Hunt's spot in the team but I'd love to have Board take Vlastuins spot on the back flank/pocket so we can then move Vlastuin into the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lost interest watching his highlights, it was welcome to roar vision then the next thing i know raaaaaaaar comes the tiger and i cant remember anything else apart from he had blonde hair

go boredy :thumbsu:

Hope he kills it.
I also hope he doesn't look at Bigfooty.
If you do, stick it up their arses.

Note- just because a player is somebody you hadn't researched and it caught you by surprise, does not make them a disappointing pick.

lost interest watching his highlights, it was welcome to roar vision then the next thing i know raaaaaaaar comes the tiger and i cant remember anything else apart from he had blonde hair

go boredy :thumbsu:
Really? I found myself intrigued at how quick he is. Also, he can hit targets with his feet and can mark the ball well.

But then again, this is only a highlights package, so we have no idea how he plays like on a regular basis

Sounds a lot like a pick on attitude as much as physical ability. If he can improve so fast he might be capable of continuing to improve. Tall fast, good kick on both feet etc. Could be a useful 3rd tall/wing. We needed outside run and carry. He is a decent chance of getting to AFL standard. Not excited, but not disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back