Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

Broads wife announced they are building in Perth, which may mean he is on the move at the end of next year or they may just see out his current deal, which expires end of 2025, when he'd be 32.

It comes as the couple announced that they are expanding into a new home for their growing family after relocating to Perth.

'Sharing the process of our Perth build. Excited is an understatement,' she captioned an image of an interior.

Broads wife announced they are building in Perth, which may mean he is on the move at the end of next year or they may just see out his current deal, which expires end of 2025, when he'd be 32.

It comes as the couple announced that they are expanding into a new home for their growing family after relocating to Perth.

'Sharing the process of our Perth build. Excited is an understatement,' she captioned an image of an interior.

Lol wouldn't believe anything from that article. Headline says Nathan is a Hawthorn star

Lol wouldn't believe anything from that article. Headline says Nathan is a Hawthorn star
Yeah they messed that up, but not sure they're going to screw up quotes

Suspicious to be building your dream home in another state when he probably has another 4+ good years left in him. The season goes for 40-44 weeks roughly. You're not going to leave the house vacant and risk vandals/ squatters. You rent it out for 4 years and run the risk of tenants trashing/ neglecting it so it looks like crap by the time you retire and move home. With Brown and Trezise waiting in the wings can easily cover his loss and wouldn't begrudge him going to a WA team for good coin. His being signed til 2025 means they'd have to trade for him and a pick in the teens would get it done.

If everything goes right injuries wise and a few young players step right up with a soft draw who knows we could be a slight chance for the flag next year. Failing that realistically by the time Broads careers over we're gonna be in the wilderness so he's probably the perfect cash cow already fattened up for market. WCE finish last again next year we can always bundle him and Baker up for pick 1?

Lots of love for Broady would be sorry to see him move on!
Just adds so much to a good defensive six/seven...Mr Reliable, and just goes about his job of negating the oppo with the occasional run out of the back half! Not quite as good as peak Grimes but near enough for mine!

He’s developed into a very good & important player.
As bad as our season was; if it wasn’t for his brain fade (sling tackle) , we probably would have played finals. Dimma wouldn’t have quit mid season. What a sliding doors moment.

Lots of love for Broady would be sorry to see him move on!
Just adds so much to a good defensive six/seven...Mr Reliable, and just goes about his job of negating the oppo with the occasional run out of the back half! Not quite as good as peak Grimes but near enough for mine!
In 22 he had a good year when Grimes struggled a bit.
But we are 4 years since the last flag and Grimes capt and new coach.. and brown and tresise showing a bit.
He is on good money but would have appeal to WA teams if they are building there.
I'd have Kmac Graham Pickett and Broad leading the VFL team.
spending more time down a level. Giving the VFL team a chance to improve.
With Gibcus looking fit he'd be first in the back line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 22 he had a good year when Grimes struggled a bit.
But we are 4 years since the last flag and Grimes capt and new coach.. and brown and tresise showing a bit.
He is on good money but would have appeal to WA teams if they are building there.
I'd have Kmac Graham Pickett and Broad leading the VFL team.
spending more time down a level. Giving the VFL team a chance to improve.
Nah Broad is easily best 22.

Yeah, but not at Broad's expense. Broad is just about our most reliable defender now (and Nick Vlastuin if he's not giving away really dumb free kicks). I'm all for giving in form young players a decent crack in the side, but not at the expense of someone who's still better than they are.

Gibcus is more likely to replace Grimes on last year's form anyway.

Yeah, but not at Broad's expense. Broad is just about our most reliable defender now (and Nick Vlastuin if he's not giving away really dumb free kicks). I'm all for giving in form young players a decent crack in the side, but not at the expense of someone who's still better than they are.

Yeah, makes for a very solid back 8 of Broad, Gibcus, Vlas, Grimes, Balta, Young, DRioli and Shorty.

6 on the ground at any one time, 1 on bench, allowing for the absence of the 8th on that list due to form, injury etc.

Round 24 they chucked Balta and Rioli fwd. Baker was fwd all year.
I wasn't expecting Gibcus to be available.

For me KPD 2 of Balta; Gibcus/Young/Miller.
One of Broad/Grimes.
Vlas.
2 of Short/Baker/Rioli.
2 of Tresize/Brown

In rate Broad over Grimes and Grimes form has dropped off but has the C next to his name.

I love that Melbourne seem to drop their AFL players to their VFL team. Grundy, Melksham etc. Good depth, costs a bit in salary cap.

I'm happy for RFC to use every single player through the VFL if req'd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back