Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Garthwaite needs to play more games next year he has a good tank like Broad he run the most Kilometers in both AFL games he played this year and is better 1v1 than Broad.
How can he be better if he’s not playing against the 1sts?

Garth is ready. Slotted in nicely the games he played. Should've played last night

I like the future of Garthwaite, but I'm not sure his future has arrived yet. Watched him closely in his last game against Essendon in a Semi Final. He really struggled to quell James Stewart as an example. This doesn't mean I'm predicting and doom and gloom, just that I think he still needs time honing his craft. I shudder to think what might have happened to him had he been forced to play on Cox on the weekend if Astbury was out. I'll bet that thought rested heavily on Dimma's mind too.

Last edited:
How can he be better if he’s not playing against the 1sts?
I liked what I saw from him in the 2 games he played we won Broad doesn't influence enough contests and gets beaten too often look at last month of footy.

I liked what I saw from him in the 2 games he played we won Broad doesn't influence enough contests and gets beaten too often look at last month of footy.
I’m not having a go, I think he’s got something Garthwaite but he plays on the number 1 forward usually and if you look at the winner of the Frosty Miller last few years theres not that many names you’d recognise cept Liam Mcbean.
Your right Broad hasn’t set the world on fire last 5 weeks but I think he can take more types of players than Garth can

Nathan Broad definitely regressed this year, perhaps he lost the fire and appetite for the contest like rance alluded to in his poorly timed article this week. Could be decent trade bait to net us a second rounder? Are we ruthless enough to start carving up the premiership team?

I’m not having a go, I think he’s got something Garthwaite but he plays on the number 1 forward usually and if you look at the winner of the Frosty Miller last few years theres not that many names you’d recognise cept Liam Mcbean.
Your right Broad hasn’t set the world on fire last 5 weeks but I think he can take more types of players than Garth can
That's why he needs play more next so we can find out how good he really is, he is really hard one to judge because we won the 2 games he played and we are good team structurally with other good defenders, I'm not saying gift him games or anything he certainly has to be in good form but would like to see more of him, I don't follow the VFL super close but i watch few games and here and their and I always hear good things about how hard he is to play on.

Nathan Broad definitely regressed this year, perhaps he lost the fire and appetite for the contest like rance alluded to in his poorly timed article this week. Could be decent trade bait to net us a second rounder? Are we ruthless enough to start carving up the premiership team?
People forget he came into side late even Jayden Short was in our best team more last season he played 16 games, Broad came in and did a job and played well but his form this year has been disappointing at times and got worse towards the end of the year.

Bulldogs did and look how it ended up for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does want to go home I would hope we are compensated well for him. He is worth more to our team than what we may get for him in a trade.

Although, he is a Premiership back man, so maybe he is worth more than we would get if we had of finished down the ladder. Hawks seemed to be able to trade out their players and get great draft picks after their premierships - surely we can too!

I just seen a post on Twitter saying Broad has requested to head back to WA. Hope this is not true as the story also said Jack Graham has asked about going home also. I don't believe that though.

In a recent interview, Graham said he wanted to be 150+ game player with Richmond so I highly doubt the credibility of that Twit post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back