Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why this guy isn't liked, quality player and will be a staple of our backline to come

Has a little bit of c*** about himself as well
Not afraid to get into a scrap and fly the flag for the other boys something I love to see on the field from our guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broady is the definition of the term "underrated by all outside the club" is another version of Grimesy, can play tall or short, and has the courage and hardness of anyone in the comp.
The same half kept a consistent performance for the past 18 months yet they're underatted.Go figure.

I like Broad , He is the type of player that you need to win flags , Not and will never be in your top 15-20 players but a bloody good depth player that will never let you down and will give 100% every game he plays.

We are extremely lucky to have a settled back 7 players with a couple ready to step in if required,Broad's size agility and flexability is priceless in our lineup.

Astbury - Rance - Grimes
Short - Vlastuin - Broad - Houli

Markov - Garthwaite

I like Broad , He is the type of player that you need to win flags , Not and will never be in your top 15-20 players but a bloody good depth player that will never let you down and will give 100% every game he plays.

We are extremely lucky to have a settled back 7 players with a couple ready to step in if required,Broad's size agility and flexability is priceless in our lineup.

Astbury - Rance - Grimes
Short - Vlastuin - Broad - Houli

Markov - Garthwaite
No BEllis? (or is it just Ellis now that Corey has left?) do youconsider him an onballer?

Not sure why this guy isn't liked, quality player and will be a staple of our backline to come
Would like to think he’s capable of better than the tripe he served up late in the year when he could barely knock up more than 4-5 possies , that effort surely won’t keep a few that are pushing from banging the door down ,,haven’t written him off however he needs to step,up to hold a spot

Last edited:
No i didnt include him as currently i have Ellis between 20-25 range player

I personally consider him a wingman but doesnt have a spot in our team as a wingman,I think he will leave at the end of the year
How do you think he'll go as a tagger? Think I read somewhere that's what he's being groomed for?

How do you think he'll go as a tagger? Think I read somewhere that's what he's being groomed for?
Personally i dont see him as a tagger dont think he has the midfield ability to be able to hurt the opposition midfielders going the other way and the best taggers are the ones who get a bit of the ball themself's and make the player they are tagging accountable.

I wouldnt mind seeing him at times swung foward similar to Vlastuin was to see how he would go as the 3rd tall and see if he has the ability to pop up for a couple of goals when required

Personally i dont see him as a tagger dont think he has the midfield ability to be able to hurt the opposition midfielders going the other way and the best taggers are the ones who get a bit of the ball themself's and make the player they are tagging accountable.

I wouldnt mind seeing him at times swung foward similar to Vlastuin was to see how he would go as the 3rd tall and see if he has the ability to pop up for a couple of goals when required
Don't know about not being able to hurt the oppo going the other way, bloke has a fair tank and if he's on a mid who's not renowned for their defensive running then he could hurt them big time, thinking GAJ/Danger etc. Would give him the opportunity of getting loose inside the Fwd 50.

I get what you say about the ability to win the ball on the inside, but if he's tagging an outside distributor then he has the advantage. JMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back