Details
Number
Height 183cm
Weight 83Kg
DOB 18-02-1989
Debut 2009 Round 15 Vs St Kilda
Games 93
Goals 29

Draft history: 2008 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft 1st round selection (West Coast) No. 7 overall.

Last edited:

The Honey Badger played his first game for 2012 in West Coast's nailbiting 5 point win over Port Adelaide at Mandurah's Rushton Park on Saturday. The MILF Lover had a quiet game by his lofty standards, registering 4 kicks, 5 handballs, a single mark, a single tackle, and zero controversial sledges. One hopes he lifts his game across all these key performance indicators against St Kilda this Saturday at Subiaco Oval. To this end, this proud sponsor suggests a match up with Stephen Milne to give Paddy Mac the best chance to prove himself as one of the competition's greats in 2012.

For Dream Teamers, he outperformed only Mark Nicoski (25), and drew level with his captain on 29 points.

Im not sure if its just me but his kicking seams to have improved a great deal this pre-season.

Not just this year, I was a very vocal critic of him in '10 as he just tended to blaze away with his kicks and kick it as high and long as possible but he's worked hard on his game and is quietening his doubters (me included)

Jesus me too. I will be honest at the start of last year i was Mcginnity's biggest critic thought he was as untalented and spuddish as dalziell. Wanted him de-listed and could never see him improving or being a part of a premiership team. But he improved his kicking last year or at-least his decision making and with the way he plays he began to earn my respect. Im slowly turning into a fan even though im still not sure he is best 22. Seems to be taking another step this year again.

Its hard to be right all the time :) I started this bandwagon in 2010. Good to see others are getting on board. Strong, hard at it. Fantastic style. Hard to fit him into the team when you have Butler/Waters/A Selwood though. I am hoping he takes over from Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Honey Badger played his second game of 2012 against St Kilda at Subiaco Oval, and like his team he put in a far more impressive performance than last week. 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles, and a free kick awarded for commenting on Stephen Milne's reputation with the ladies were Paddy Mac's efforts for the night.

He also kicked two goals to be the most dominant forward on the night*

71 points in Dream Team. He's a bargain!

* Along with Hill, Cox (WCE) and Schneider (St. Kilda)

In the final preseason match of 2012, Patrick McGinnity put in an average effort with 7 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks and 4 tackles. He earned 2 free kicks for being awesome, but gave one away for failing to hit on anyone's Mum. Disappointing.

58 Dream Team points. Somehow the Honey Badger's main competitor for a spot in the side, Adam Selwood, scored 79. I'm requesting the powers that be in Dream Team land change the rules so that kicks that go backwards are worth -10 points. Under this new rule, McGinnity stays on 58 points but Selwood moves to -150. This gives a much more accurate measure of each player's worth to the side :thumbsu:

After sitting out the first two rounds of the season, Patrick McGinnity was named as the sub against GWS at some random sheep paddock, and even though he only played half a game of footy, immediately showed his worth by outperforming superstar Daniel Kerr.

McGinnity's 5 kick, 2 handball, 2 mark, 3 hitout (!?), 3 tackle, 1 goal effort was enough to secure 41 Dream Team points, whereas Kerr laboured for his 35.

That's all the proof I need. McGinnity >>>>> Kerr.

McGinnity (of course) has survived the cut, and will take on *injunction* on Saturday at Subiaco Oval.

O come all ye hateful, spiteful and abundant
O come ye, O come ye to Badger Land
Come and behold Him,
Adorned in wings and royal;
O come, let us adore Him,
Ginners the Badger

O sing, choirs of eagles,
Sing in exultation,
Sing all that hear in heaven, Badger's mighty hurt.
Give to our Badger glory in the Highest;
Ginners the Badger.

All Hail! Badger, we forgive Thee,
Reborn this derby dawning,
O Badger! for evermore be Thy name adored.
Hurt of the Badger, now in flesh maturing;
Ginners the Badger.

293755-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back