Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
looks like we'll be playing one ruckman this year, Sinclair and backup from AA, if anything this will make us more mobile. Hope teh boys are practicing reading the the ball off het other ruckman and sharking it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I always wonder when these things happen if guys like sinclair are at least a little happy..virtually guarantees him a game every week

Punts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Why will Reid be rucking when we have been using towers as 2nd

That won’t change

Only change I can see is horse choosing his FF replacement ow Sinclair will be rucking

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Even heeney can play out of full forward... we have plenty of options...horse just needs to be creative. As an opposition coach what would you do if we emptied the forward line and had heeney and rohan leading from the square and buddy up high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brad cooper

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Even heeney can play out of full forward... we have plenty of options...horse just needs to be creative. As an opposition coach what would you do if we emptied the forward line and had heeney and rohan leading from the square and buddy up high
Great idea and would work brilliantly, just as well Hayward got some midfield minutes then on the weekend if he's not playing in the forward 50.

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Great idea and would work brilliantly, just as well Hayward got some midfield minutes then on the weekend if he's not playing in the forward 50.
There isnt too many defenders with the pace to keep up with rohan on a lead and with all his faults, marking and set shots are not one of them. Heeney is heeney, we know what he is capable of.

We have an extremely talented team, we just need to mix it up more than we do. Find mew rotations, isolate certain players etc. Especially when we have buddy who commands so much defensive planning, there is no reason we cant have someone bob up with 3 goals every week, we just need to exploit individual matchups

brad cooper

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
There isnt too many defenders with the pace to keep up with rohan on a lead and with all his faults, marking and set shots are not one of them. Heeney is heeney, we know what he is capable of.

We have an extremely talented team, we just need to mix it up more than we do. Find mew rotations, isolate certain players etc. Especially when we have buddy who commands so much defensive planning, there is no reason we cant have someone bob up with 3 goals every week, we just need to exploit individual matchups
Im in total agreement with you about Rohan and Heeney.

I was just referencing our debate on Saturday regarding Hayward playing in the midfield.

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Im in total agreement with you about Rohan and Heeney.

I was just referencing our debate on Saturday regarding Hayward playing in the midfield.
Haha yea i see that...i still dont see any future for him in the midfield but thats just my uneducated opinion and always happy to be proven wrong and you can easily swap his name out with heeney or rohan..point being our team is capable of so much more, horse just needs something other than "reid to defence"

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I like Naismith. Probably won't ever be much more than he is but I think he's a lot better for our midfield in terms of competing in hit-outs and making them more pro-active. I still recall that stretch when he was rucking in 2016 when it felt like our midfield couldn't lose a clearance even if they tried. Obviously he'd want to be a lot more impactful around the ground but I haven't given up that little glimmer of hope that he can help us go back to that form.

Top Bottom