(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rebeti

Rookie
Aug 15, 2009
windsor
AFL Club
Sydney
List management is complex,but when Nankervis left Sydney for opportunities elsewhere he was behind Tippett,Naismith and Sinclair.Toby ,with the benefit of hindsight has proven to be durable and consistent at the tiges and is one player we underestimated who we would value greatly as a Ruck/Fwd.Signing Naismith to a 3 year extension was a big list management call considering his injuries.The irony is exacerbated further because Richmond were interested in Naismith before they settled with Nankervis.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
List management is complex,but when Nankervis left Sydney for opportunities elsewhere he was behind Tippett,Naismith and Sinclair.Toby ,with the benefit of hindsight has proven to be durable and consistent at the tiges and is one player we underestimated who we would value greatly as a Ruck/Fwd.Signing Naismith to a 3 year extension was a big list management call considering his injuries.The irony is exacerbated further because Richmond were interested in Naismith before they settled with Nankervis.
Nank was always going to be heading south. Nothing ironic about it.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Nank was always going to be heading south. Nothing ironic about it.
Yep it's really just luck. Obviously of the lot Nankervis would be the best, but it's just tough luck that the best and most durable one of the bunch is the one who wanted to go home. I still don't get the crisis mode tbh. We haven't had a really good tap ruck since Darren Jolly, who played his last game for us a decade ago. In that time we've had the raw Mike Pyke, two toilers with average tap abilities in Mumford and Sinclair, a bloke who can't seem so stay on the park in Naismith, a ruck who was better as a forward in Tippett, and a bloke who few of us rated in Derickx. It didn't hold us back in 2012 or 2014 or 2016, shouldn't hold us back now. We need to just hope our mids read the taps and work better than their opposition in tight, and also hope that Sinclair can remain injury-free.

The only potential crisis is Aliir rucking. He gets injured and it's a disaster.

BloodySwan

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Aweful to hear him going down again. At 25 and a ruck he can still have 7 years to go but his injuries are certainly holding him back

mikey_san

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Just get him a new titanium knee. Good enough for my gran. Good enough for him I say.
Terrible news for our season (and him obviously).
I blame those appalling jeans he gets around in - more a rip with a bit of jean than jeans with a rip.

Top Bottom