Past Sam Naismith - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2864_1655_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sam Naismith
An ACL rupture and a long list of complications wiped out Sam Naismith’s 2018 and 2019 seasons, fuelling the hunger of the chief Sydney Swans ruckman for a comeback 2020 campaign. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product is an excellent tap ruckman who’s shown promising glimpses since being drafted in November 2012, particularly as Sydney powered towards the 2016 Grand Final. The New South Welshman had always worn the number 35 before switching to the number 10 for season 2020 in search of a fresh start.

Sam Naismith
DOB: 16 July 1992
DEBUT: 2014
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2015 Rookie Elevation
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

And lo and behold we have a Nankervis article on sydneyswans.com.au. I'm convinced the Swans media department monitors this site. Hi Tanya if you're reading!

It just says he is likely to spend more time in the ruck (presumably in the NEAFL) due to the Naismith injury, so I don't think he is in line for a call up to the seniors any time soon.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-04-23/tippetts-tips-for-toby

And lo and behold we have a Nankervis article on sydneyswans.com.au. I'm convinced the Swans media department monitors this site. Hi Tanya if you're reading!

It just says he is likely to spend more time in the ruck (presumably in the NEAFL) due to the Naismith injury, so I don't think he is in line for a call up to the seniors any time soon.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-04-23/tippetts-tips-for-toby

Great stuff, I really hope Nankervis sees this as an opening and has a red hot crack in the ruck, Im not sure he is number 1 ruck material as he has been playing forward but I would really like to be proven wrong, its hard to get a clear idea from the reserves coverage we get. I really hope he can work on his rucking its exactly what we need we have enough forwards at the moment.

Hi Tanya, youre hot just sayin..

Oh, and Sammy will be back.

SYDNEY INJURIES
Sam Naismith (knee) 2-4 weeks
Alex Johnson (knee) season
Kurt Tippett (knee/ribs) test
Lewis Jetta (groin) test
Lance Franklin (knee) test
Mike Pyke (hamstring) TBC
ON THE BLOCK: A pretty complete performance by the Swans against the Lions on Saturday, with every player contributing in some capacity. However first-choice ruckman Mike Pyke was subbed out of the game with a hamstring injury just before half-time. He could miss several weeks.
SWANS COULD UNLEASH DREAM TEAM
ON THE CUSP: The Swans’ dream team forward line could be united for the first time this season, with Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett possibly set to join Sam Reid inside forward 50. Sydney’s NEAFL side had the bye on the weekend.
FORECAST: It has taken John Longmire’s men a little while to get going, but the Swans have won their past three and are slowly playing themselves back into form. Yes it was against Brisbane, but the midfield was outstanding, with Kieran Jack (26 disposals), Josh Kennedy (34), Jarrad McVeigh (35) and Dan Hannebery (31) collecting plenty of the footy. However we will get a real sense of where the Swans are at on Friday night against the rampaging Hawks. The good news is they might have the forward line dream team — Franklin, Tippett and Reid — all playing together for the first time.

*This landed in my email, I have a question, if the best number 1 ruckman at the club Naismith is only a rookie why is he on all the senior injury lists? Are there no injuries at all in the ressies?

grimlock ? You know he's coming..

And btw I noticed your vote for Mitchell MalceskiFan ! Flog

Mod edit: removed bold formatting (easier on the eyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes what? My comment about MalceskiFan?
I think the only other 'reserves' player injured was Walsh but he was cleared last week so in fact yes all the reserves players are now injury free except for Big Sammy N.

I think the only other 'reserves' player injured was Walsh but he was cleared last week so in fact yes all the reserves players are now injury free except for Big Sammy N.

I find that remarkable. Same medical staff? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey grimlock how's the Nanker train going?
Lol please Naismith gets a emergency listing and you party like its 2005. Nanka already has four under his belt

So he's not playing tonight?? * spent all day making my banner "UP YOURS GRIMLOCK" Theres still time.. Much better first ruck than Nervous Nankervis..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back