Player Watch #36 Aliir Aliir - contract extended to 2021

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
What? Hewett is doing great but isn't close to Parker's level. And that's the only midfielder I can even conceive of putting in the same ball park.

Parker has more influence in every statistical category. Hewett has one fewer clanger per match, and is generally tidier with his possessions, but Parker still has more total effective disposals because he gets more of the ball. They are equal on tackles but Parker has more marks, more goals, more score involvements, more goals assists, more contested and more uncontested possessions. And he sets the standard for aggression and attack on the ball and is a leader. Hewetts been amazing. Genuinely excellent, love the guy. But he isn't within cooeee at this stage.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
To each their own.

The bolded are the only stats you listed that are relevant to me, because I maintain that Parker should be a forward.

As I said a few weeks ago, I would take 20-25 of Hewett's possessions any day of the week over 25-30 of Parker's.

But I'd rather not get into this cyclic back and forth about Parker again, especially in the Aliir thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grimlock

Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2001
Luke Parker's Bandwagon
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, NSW
Elite intercept marker, you would think before long that all teams will try to forward tag him to prevent his influence in this area.

Before last night, AFL's leading intercept marks.

• J.McGovern 43
  • A.Aliir 40
  • P.Davis 40
  • A.Keath 37
  • N.Haynes 35
  • J.Weitering 34
  • J.Sicily 32
  • M.Hurley 31
  • M.Gawn 31
  • H.Andrews 31
  • L.Ryan (FRE) 31
  • N.Vlastuin 30
  • L.Casboult 30
  • J.Howe 30

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Elite intercept marker, you would think before long that all teams will try to forward tag him to prevent his influence in this area.

Before last night, AFL's leading intercept marks.

• J.McGovern 43
  • A.Aliir 40
  • P.Davis 40
  • A.Keath 37
  • N.Haynes 35
  • J.Weitering 34
  • J.Sicily 32
  • M.Hurley 31
  • M.Gawn 31
  • H.Andrews 31
  • L.Ryan (FRE) 31
  • N.Vlastuin 30
  • L.Casboult 30
  • J.Howe 30
And uses the punch as an attacking weapon at times too. There were a few examples last night when he got only negated the contest, but got the ball a good 15-20m back in our direction, completely clearing their crumbles.

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Last edited:

Top Bottom