Charliebrow 16

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Federer, Birmingham FC
Don’t know much about him, but I’m thrilled for the bloke. Sounds like it’s been a long journey to get to AFL level, but he’s here now and he’s ours. Let’s hope he has another 6-7 years of great football ahead of him!

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Wasn't a sexy selection by all means, with many other more pressing list needs still so evident, where they see him playing will make or break it in my eyes.

Selecting another defender after taking one only a handful of selections earlier is drastic and overkill, let alone being a touch older that we assume he can play straight away (that's why you take a 25 year old, yeah?).

I'll back him in, and the more I read, the more I want it to work out but right now, the idea we needed this (type of) player over others pains me.

just a heads up that's noah cumberland and not garrett

but mcdonagh was funnily enough alongside durham my favourite richmond vfl player to watch when the vfl was actually on

now someone just needs to take joel nathan and that's my 3 richmond vfl favourites
It's irrelevant to my trolling of Doss

Wasn't a sexy selection by all means, with many other more pressing list needs still so evident, where they see him playing will make or break it in my eyes.

Selecting another defender after taking one only a handful of selections earlier is drastic and overkill, let alone being a touch older that we assume he can play straight away (that's why you take a 25 year old, yeah?).

I'll back him in, and the more I read, the more I want it to work out but right now, the idea we needed this (type of) player over others pains me.

How is a wingman with a precision 60m kick not a pressing need?

I swear you'd get upset if we drafted James Hird reincarnated with pick 99 with how you've been over the last 24 hours.

I feel like we need someone who watches VFL frequently and has play to say once and for all whether he's a quick winger or a plodding defender, because I'm seeing all kinds of takes tonight.

Can you help us eth-dog?

A pick this left field is always going to raise eyebrows but given it was the last pick we used it doesn’t really matter whether it is 50 or 150. Go out and get the bloke you want.

Cannon left foot immediately gives him an elite AFL attribute, not only that but he uses it too looking at his ratio of kicks to handballs. If I recall correctly he’s also a bit of an angry ant as well and I wonder whether we may look to use him as a pressure forward given his physicality and maturity, similar to Jake Aarts but can kick and doesn’t have popcorn hands.

Cannot remember the last time we drafted a genuine superboot type player.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
25? This screams of top up for a flag. Dodoro obviously thinks we could sneak one before the long term youth road.

Reminds me of Myers with better agility.

A pick this left field is always going to raise eyebrows but given it was the last pick we used it doesn’t really matter whether it is 50 or 150. Go out and get the bloke you want.

Cannon left foot immediately gives him an elite AFL attribute, not only that but he uses it too looking at his ratio of kicks to handballs. If I recall correctly he’s also a bit of an angry ant as well and I wonder whether we may look to use him as a pressure forward given his physicality and maturity, similar to Jake Aarts but can kick and doesn’t have popcorn hands.

Cannot remember the last time we drafted a genuine superboot type player.
Myers?

I feel like we need someone who watches VFL frequently and has play to say once and for all whether he's a quick winger or a plodding defender, because I'm seeing all kinds of takes tonight.

Can you help us eth-dog?
Great kick. But slow and doesn't get heaps from my viewing. Jack of All trades, master of none.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Bomber fans can pick up a lot of carefully compiled background on McDonagh on that thread, I had to run a make on him through my vast network of contacts. 😁

Hope he goes well, nice player, well schooled at Tigerland VFL. Could see him playing 50-100 AFL games if he does everything right.

IHurley

All Australian
Jan 12, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I get this if he's quick - if Hind/Redman get injured there's not a lot of drive from half back - but the questions on his speed concern me.

Don't care that he's old. We need backup for Hind and Redman right now.

Jul 29, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
Bomber fans can pick up a lot of carefully compiled background on McDonagh on that thread, I had to run a make on him through my vast network of contacts. 😁

Hope he goes well, nice player, well schooled at Tigerland VFL. Could see him playing 50-100 AFL games if he does everything right.

Number 26 is available ;)

Back