Past #36: Joel Crocker - delisted after being selected w/ #69 in 2018 ND - thanks Crock

Screenshot_20181127-101704_Instagram.jpg

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it just me or are both of those lads rather skinny? I mean, even for kids their age?

There are some posters on this board who follow the TAC Cup pretty closely, has there been much of a change at that level over the past ten years in terms of emphasis on lean mass?

I remember Sammy Wright arriving at the club as a skinny kid and the reality is that he has never really progressed to AFL level in this particular regard.

Is it just me or are both of those lads rather skinny? I mean, even for kids their age?

There are some posters on this board who follow the TAC Cup pretty closely, has there been much of a change at that level over the past ten years in terms of emphasis on lean mass?

I remember Sammy Wright arriving at the club as a skinny kid and the reality is that he has never really progressed to AFL level in this particular regard.
The TAC really don't focus on players putting on muscle. They are out there to play their natural game and showcase their skills.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the **** was that last question? What kind of a w***er would ask that ?
The question was asked around 6:40 of that video (I am paraphrasing):

'You talk to your footy mates, does the commentary around North's failure to land a big fish make the club any less desirable to you?'

Taylor laughs it off, Crocker looks at the guy asking the question with an expression of, 'who is this spanner?'

Excellent responses, in my opinion.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The question was asked around 6:40 of that video (I am paraphrasing):

'You talk to your footy mates, does the commentary around North's failure to land a big fish make the club any less desirable to you?'

Taylor laughs it off, Crocker looks at the guy asking the question with an expression of, 'who is this spanner?'

Excellent responses, in my opinion.

Heath, keep these dickheads away from our kids!

Route57

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The TAC really don't focus on players putting on muscle. They are out there to play their natural game and showcase their skills.
True, Giantroo.
I would have hoped that with Crocker's lower-limb injury riddled season and in conjunction with his affiliation with the club, that his dad could have asked Jona to write up a cookie cutter upper body, push-pull strength and conditioning program to follow while he was sidelined.
He is quite skinny and could have capitalised on developing his upper body in that time.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Joel comes across as a great kid, affable like his dad. It'll be interesting to watch what sort of player he grows into with comparatively little exposed top year form.

The father-son bit might've bumped him up a few spots but no club including ours just hands out senior spots no matter who you are. Our talent identification is generally sound so it's good to know we rate him on ability over and above the romantic factor.

Joel comes across as a great kid, affable like his dad.

A couple of mates of mine have kids who went through school and are mates with Joel from Braaaaaaaaaton Grammar, and they both rate him as “a great kid. Well spoken. Thoughtful. Highly respected. A loyal mate. Someone you’d be happy for your daughter to date. A real credit to Darren and his wife.”

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Joel comes across as a great kid, affable like his dad. It'll be interesting to watch what sort of player he grows into with comparatively little exposed top year form.

The father-son bit might've bumped him up a few spots but no club including ours just hands out senior spots no matter who you are. Our talent identification is generally sound so it's good to know we rate him on ability over and above the romantic factor.
From all reports it sounds like Joel can football, but can he get on the park? Considering the injuries he has already had and his genetics, I think that will be his greatest challenge.

Back