Past #36: Joel Crocker - delisted after being selected w/ #69 in 2018 ND - thanks Crock

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** was that last question? What kind of a w***er would ask that ?
Agreed, wonder who that was that you can hear exhaling sharply? Nicely handling by Curtis, I must say, for a stupid question no one would have anticipated.

Agreed, wonder who that was that you can hear exhaling sharply? Nicely handling by Curtis, I must say, for a stupid question no one would have anticipated.

I got interrupted watching that clip last night so was blissfully unaware of this bit.

Might do a Schrödinger and keep my alternate reality where the presser ended pleasantly.

That question is shocking, although it is a real trend now.

Sarah Olle said to Tarryn just after he'd been drafted: "Oh, so should Tassie have a team Tarryn?"

WTF?

Do they go to Irving Mosquito: "Oh well, you'll be off for your ASADA testing soon" or ask GWS and Collingwood blokes if they like their cocaine?

Heath does a great job and you can't stop the knobhead element in the media.

But the footy media is becoming really "BigFootyised".

Its because of the rise of social.

Sarah Olle said to Tarryn just after he'd been drafted: "Oh, so should Tassie have a team Tarryn?"

WTF?

Do they go to Irving Mosquito: "Oh well, you'll be off for your ASADA testing soon" or ask GWS and Collingwood blokes if they like their cocaine?

Or ask the kids off to Hawthorn "are you excited about the prospect of being traded as soon as the club gets a sniff that you have any mental health issues?"

Happened by Arden St last week to see Crock doing repeat 200 meter run throughs with a 30 second break between runs. Got up to 8 by the time I moved on. Good to see him running.

WTF?

This is so spot on. There’s a new breed of journalists coming through that are basically feeding off bigfooty trolls.

It’s like that dickhead who asked our draftees if they’re worried about North not being able to land a big fish.

This is so spot on. There’s a new breed of journalists coming through that are basically feeding off bigfooty trolls.

It’s like that dickhead who asked our draftees if they’re worried about North not being able to land a big fish.

It is because the new breed grew up on social and BigFooty

Having the likes of McDonald, Davies-Uniacke and Walker willing to work alongside Crocker in the infant stages of his AFL career, is something the first-year player is grateful for.
“It gives me a lot of confidence knowing that they are there and want to make me a better player,” he added.
“It’s really good to have those guys there showing me the way and setting the standard with how you need to train so that you can hopefully be a player like them one day.”

This is why having a pool of young talent is important, camaraderie and challenging each other as they grow in similar ages as men and players makes them greater players.

Having older mentors is definitely another important aspect, but going through the journey with another likeminded teammate is just as important.

This is why having a pool of young talent is important, camaraderie and challenging each other as they grow in similar ages as men and players makes them greater players.

Having older mentors is definitely another important aspect, but going through the journey with another likeminded teammate is just as important.
LDU and McDonald, d’em da bad boys.. they’re going to lead poor Crocker astray.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-02-08/draftees-good-first-impressions

Joel Crocker
“From where Joel’s come from with his injury interruptions in the past couple of years, he’s probably made the most physical progression out of anyone.
“He was coming from a long way back, and the great thing about Joel is that he’s been willing to listen and learn and build a really strong base to give him a good foundation to move forward.
“He got a fantastic result in the Yo-Yo test last week, finishing in the top few players, and when he walked into the club at the end of November, he wasn’t in a position to do that.
“He’s been really, really diligent.
“In a way he’s probably lucky to work with some great guys in our rehab team, but also being able to train alongside the likes of (Jack) Ziebell, (Robbie) Tarrant, Ben Brown, Mason Wood this pre-season … so he’s learnt some really good habits.
“He’s a great kid that wants to learn as well.”

Will Crocker be ready to go in the VFL early on, or are we looking at a bit later for him still given his injuries?

Will Crocker be ready to go in the VFL early on, or are we looking at a bit later for him still given his injuries?
Probably a bit later having come back from two ankle injuries.

His hairline looks like it's following in his father's footsteps.

Looks a really neat player!

Be interesting to see where they play him throughout the year.

Has been a very competent forward, but had also had some stand out game across half back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back