Past #36: Joel Crocker - delisted after being selected w/ #69 in 2018 ND - thanks Crock

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that stood out to me in the highlights was he feels comfortable off either foot. A bit like wright.

He's definitely a rare breed, efficient on both sides. I already rate the kid based on that alone, but he's also got courage to put his head over the ball and has some real awareness to his game and this is all fresh off a bad injury.

I think he'll impress and improve quickly like Bailey Scott did.

The bit I saw on the highlights reminded me of his dad; tall but light on his feet

I just want him out of heavy traffic until he puts on another 12 kgs.

First time I’ve seen him play live and came away impressed. I was surprised how physically developed he is. I was expecting a complete rake.

Missing so much footy as a junior would’ve sucked for him, but it’s probably going to end up being good for us.
What position(s) was he playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming off his first competitive outing in 10 months, Joel Crocker was another to show promise.
The father-son recruit made up for lost time, showing polish on the back of his minutes against Williamstown last weekend.
“Joel was another defender who worked really hard,” Brown said.
“Even though he was outnumbered at times and played on some bigger bodies, he competed really well.”

Yes he will. No worries at all. Let's just say if he wasn't injured last year, we were going to pay more than we did to pick him up.

A certainty. Another pre-season & 5kgs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back