Past 36. Josh Honey

Remove this Banner Ad

Great half forward game.

Love his speed and willingness to chase &
pressure the opposition

kicks ball very high, field kicking may need a little tune, but overall that’s a great return to the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they could fix Dow's kicking, they can fix anyones.

its people like you as to why i dont comment here! He played last season and has not played all year! His forward line pressure and the fact he looked for the best option rather than the fluke goal are things we have screamed for in our side and his VFL stats havent been too bad all year but keep commented on everything i write on here
His work last night imo pretty much a replica of his work in the reserves all year .
Energy pressure 10-13 possessions couple tackles score involvements couple goals .
Our forward pressure has been below par up till the past few weeks he adds energy and pressure .
Imo was ready to go and should have been included 2-3 months ago .

I'll also admit, on the telly more than a couple times I confused him with Walsh, appearance-wise. One point I thought Walsh kicked 4 goals, only to realise the #36 was on the jumper...

Now I'm not the biggest Thy fan around but this was a genuine response. He made valid points and basically answered why he hasn't been in the side. Josh was, as has been the case with all of our developing players given a list of things to work on. Tick the boxes, earn your spot in the team.

Evidenced on last night Honey was selected when he was ready and not before.

Good post Thy.

Last edited by a moderator:
he came in, went back to the twos to work on a few things, then was promoted when the mc thought he was right to go - looks like they were right - will your eyes pop every time a young player spends justifiable time in the lower ranks then gets promoted and look ready?

Stop. He played a game last year. He wasn't sent back for an entire year to work on things.

I agree though that he is just a kid and patience is a virtue. I'm not claiming that our MC is infallible however.

Well done Josh,
Despite well deserved criticism of our development over the journey, Honey joins Kennedy & Dow as an example of our footy club beginning to get these things right.
I loved his physicality and unselfishness with ball in hand, the key is to keep working hard to stay involved for the remainder of the season.

Stop. He played a game last year. He wasn't sent back for an entire year to work on things.

I agree though that he is just a kid and patience is a virtue. I'm not claiming that our MC is infallible however.
Why wasn't he playing then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll also admit, on the telly more than a couple times I confused him with Walsh, appearance-wise. One point I thought Walsh kicked 4 goals, only to realise the #36 was on the jumper...
Walsh assisted himself in at least one piece of play. Mind you, that's what it's like when Honey isn't even playing, most of the time.
You know Its pretty cut throat in here whipping boys are not just confined to the footy field 😉
Ironically, that comes mostly from the same people who complain that there are too many whipping boys.

then why wasn't he in the seniors? was there possibly more to it than deliberately upsetting precious wannabe match committee who demand things are done because they know what's best for the club? even when clearly they don't? seriously, the worshipping at the holy temple of should around here is sickening

Why wasn't he playing then?

He certainly could have come in earlier. He was good enough to be in the emergencies multiple times and didn't get on as medical sub one week. Seems like they wanted to reward him at times, but felt like they couldn't fit him in, preferring to show faith in more experienced players.

then why wasn't he in the seniors? was there possibly more to it than deliberately upsetting precious wannabe match committee who demand things are done because they know what's best for the club? even when clearly they don't? seriously, the worshipping at the holy temple of should around here is sickening

Mate, you're killing discussion through passive aggressive potshots at mostly fairly harmless posts.

Try to engage more constructively with them or ignore them. Opinions are allowed.

I've rated Honey's efforts in the VFL all season and was pleased to see him finally get selected. To be successful as a forward in the AFL you need some tricks and with his speed, strength, agility and leap along with clean hands, he has plenty of ways to influence the game.

The play of having a vacant forward line for Honey to run back into for a ball over the top will be something we should be using a lot.

Kid has some exciting aspects of his game that our team is really devoid of down forward, pace pressure tacking and score involvement, something we have been crying out for...
Has some wonderful weapons, as his development progresses could potentially end up being a seriously dangerous forward...
Selection has been well overdue...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back