Past #36: Josh Williams - drafted #36 2016 ND - 2 games/1 goal - delisted end 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I said a fair while ago that they had made enquiries.
this annoys me if GC has interest in Josh why delist him? can we not grab a few draft points from a trade with GC for Josh? not anything big, say 28 and Josh for 26 it's only 50 odd points but better than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this annoys me if GC has interest in Josh why delist him? can we not grab a few draft points from a trade with GC for Josh? not anything big, say 28 and Josh for 26 it's only 50 odd points but better than nothing.
It’s a nice idea but it’s highly unlikely that GC would do that. The best we’d get in a trade is a token late pick that wouldn’t be worth any points anyway.

Fair enough, but do we ever ask? it seems that we just delist as soon as we can, do that not understand one man's trash can be another man's treasure?
As Passmore said, the clubs would have a fair idea of what’s tradeable, but you have a point. If we know we will delist them and inform the player of such so that they can explore other options, there’s no need to rush the announcement. Low probability, but you never know it could allow us to net something more than expected.

I agree but it doesn't stop me from being annoyed, but if we can move up a couple of spots in the second or third round why not? it would also get the player to a club quicker.

I reckon we should have re-signed him just to trade him for Josh Kelly next year.

I daresay list managers would have a decent idea of who is likely to not be retained around the league, and as such are happy to hold off in the hope of picking a target up as a delisted free agent or for a token late pick at the end of trade period. Moving from 26 to 28 doesn't seem like much but it's still the risk of missing out on someone who is fairly high on your draft board.

I had a read through the 2013 trade/draft period and I can't find anything about any poster wanting to give up a first for Dal Santo... can you link me? It's been a bugbear of yours for a while and I'm not sure where you got it from?

Wasn't it Barrett who suggested it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back