Past #36: Josh Williams - drafted #36 2016 ND - 2 games/1 goal - delisted end 2018

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think Williams is Aboriginal, could be wrong.

I thought he mentioned it in his Growing Up video but I just rewatched it and it didn't come up. Must be confused.
I saw that video but nothing was mentioned. He was asked about some language to speak but don't think it was the indigenous language.

Anyway, the 4 indigenous players on our list are Simpkin, Ahern, LT and Jed.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Needs to put on about ten kegs before he can be allowed out to play seniors.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Finally hearing some stuff about the guy lately :)

I was asking the question a few months back why no updates etc on this guy so its now good he is coming along. Not that I need to say; but this guy is going to be a good player. If he becomes anything like Jayden Hunt or better....we've done well.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finally hearing some stuff about the guy lately :)

I was asking the question a few months back why no updates etc on this guy so its now good he is coming along. Not that I need to say; but this guy is going to be a good player. If he becomes anything like Jayden Hunt or better....we've done well.
I mentioned this guy to my son the other day (who is soccer focussed) absolute jet in my eyes........we should target him seriously. And yes if young josh could end up anywhere near him I would be stoked !!

Josh Williams impressed in the VFL last weekend with his best game to date and is now on Brent Harvey's radar as a potential future star.

The games-record holder told The Herald Sun that the speedy teenager has what it takes and is the perfect fit for North.

“Josh Williams has got some really good attributes, he’s really, really quick and explosive,” Harvey said.

Pick No.36 in the 2016 draft Williams had 17 disposals and a goal for Werribee on Saturday and has speed to burn.

“I reckon he could be a really exciting player for us as well, because we lack a bit of speed," Harvey added.

“We’ve got (Shaun) Atley and (Shaun) Higgins who can double up with possessions, but we haven’t got too many outsiders, and Josh can play that.”

Last edited:

Pep Fraudiola

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd play him ASAP.

Will be a weapon for us.

The whole league has gone more outside than ever before and we really haven't adapted as well as we should have.

He is no skinnier than Milera or Charlie Cameron who will no doubt tear us a new one doing roughly the same sort of s**t that Josh appears to be able to do.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd play him ASAP.

Will be a weapon for us.

The whole league has gone more outside than ever before and we really haven't adapted as well as we should have.

He is no skinnier than Milera or Charlie Cameron who will no doubt tear us a new one doing roughly the same sort of s**t that Josh appears to be able to do.
Mate he is definitely skinnier than either of them. Was 189cm and 68kg when drafted. Under 70kg at that height he there is no way he should be playing AFL. No doubt he has a lot of talent but is still a long way off AFL fitness, strength and ability. He said himself he's still getting used to the pace of VFL footy. He is more of a longterm talent at this point.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Boomer is right and this guy becomes a key part of our future, we can use it for lols against:
Gold Coast - "developed" him then lost him.
Collingwood - gave an old guy a long contract that got us the pick in compensation that got us Josh
Carlton - caught cheating so couldn't get Wells who got us Josh
Adelaide - Gave us pick 2 for an ageing Carey which got us Wells which got us Josh
Richmond - traded pick 2 to Adelaide which they used to get Carey which got us Wells which got us Josh
St Kilda - used pick 1 on a seagull instead of wells. They'd have got 4 extra years of service plus Josh and never had to have Goddard wear their jumper.
Sydney - gave us Duck for free. Therefore Wells for free. Therefore Josh for free. I feel like in 50 years my great grandkids are still going to be seeing the benefits of that one.

Let's hope this works out it's going to be lots of fun :thumbsu:

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
If Boomer is right and this guy becomes a key part of our future, we can use it for lols against:
Gold Coast - "developed" him then lost him.
Collingwood - gave an old guy a long contract that got us the pick in compensation that got us Josh
Carlton - caught cheating so couldn't get Wells who got us Josh
Adelaide - Gave us pick 4* for an ageing Carey which got us Wells which got us Josh
Richmond - traded pick 4* to Adelaide which they used to get Carey which got us Wells which got us Josh
St Kilda - used pick 1 on a seagull instead of wells. They'd have got 4 extra years of service plus Josh and never had to have Goddard wear their jumper.
Sydney - gave us Duck for free. Therefore Wells for free. Therefore Josh for free. I feel like in 50 years my great grandkids are still going to be seeing the benefits of that one.

Let's hope this works out it's going to be lots of fun :thumbsu:
Richmond were somewhat dirty because they traded pick 4, which later became pick 2 when Carlton got done for salary cap cheating, robbing them of pick 1 and a PP. Apparently they would have not traded the pick if they knew it would have become pick 2. Wellsy dodged both a Carlton and a Richmond bullet.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Richmond were somewhat dirty because they traded pick 4, which later became pick 2 when Carlton got done for salary cap cheating, robbing them of pick 1 and a PP. Apparently they would have not traded the pick if they knew it would have become pick 2. Wellsy dodged both a Carlton and a Richmond bullet.
Yeah but how much funnier is it when you realise that Richmond traded pick 2 for Kane Johnson!

discomute

All Australian
Aug 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Australian Boomers
Yeah I remember that and felt bad for Richmond on that one

discomute

All Australian
Aug 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Australian Boomers
Not sure its possible to feel bad for lolmond tbh

I just laugh usually.

When I say "feel bad" I mean I could see their point. If we were them I would have been unhappy. If they were us they would have laughed. So I laughed. A lot.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Would be huge if he could turn into a Brad Hill style wingman for us. Williams is probably even more explosive.

Blistering line breaking pace has never been more valuable than it is in the league atm.

Back