Past #36: Josh Williams - drafted #36 2016 ND - 2 games/1 goal - delisted end 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have no problem with Josh going back to the GC. Doesn't seem close to breaking into our 1's anytime soon.

There's something about Queenslanders with names beginning with "W" that has proven irresistible to our club.

Warren, Wagner, Watson, Williams.

At least Ben Warren didn't cost a decent pick. And could play a bit.

To say nothing of Gavin Wurquhart

Would have no problem with Josh going back to the GC. Doesn't seem close to breaking into our 1's anytime soon.
And a list clogger in the VFL, tbh. Possibly unfair as his body is not right, but offering less and less each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some pretty harsh assessments here for a kid who just turned 20, and has a back injury, doesn't fit my definition of a list clogger yet.

You know how it works. All our kids are full of promise until they get linked to another club, then they are no good and list cloggers.

I wouldn’t say he is a list clogger by any means, still has a s**t load of potential and still is growing into his body. Was always going to be a slower burn with his body shape ect.

If he doesn’t head back to QLD I’m
Tipping he’ll still be on our list next year

There's something about Queenslanders with names beginning with "W" that has proven irresistible to our club.

Warren, Wagner, Watson, Williams.

At least Ben Warren didn't cost a decent pick. And could play a bit.

His debut was pretty impressive but seems to have plateaued through injury and form. It must be a hard call picking a player from Qld and NSW where the player development and support systems aren't as established/entrenched as the Vic, SA and WA juniors enjoy.

Most weeks getting around 20 possessions, only 2nd year.
Which most weeks? Certainly not recently, injury has cruelled him, but does not seem to do enough, imo.

Need to turn over minimum 6 players end of year. Has to be in the bottom 6 on the list. Others have shown something more. Good luck if we can engineer a trade for him. Would be great to see him get a second chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back