Past #36: Josh Williams - drafted #36 2016 ND - 2 games/1 goal - delisted end 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah....he's definitely grown as we were talking earlier in the thread on jumper pres. Considerably taller than JZ by memory now.

Ok maybe not considerably taller but noticeably:

I'd say ther's about 5cm gap there and going by the record JZ is 188

Yeah, he's quick we all know that. But I was rewatching his debut the other day and what impressed me the most was just his football smarts and composure. He didn't actually use his pace at all noticeably, but he never looked panicked or rushed or even nervous, although I'm sure he was. That, combined with his speed, is what will make him a good player.

Yeah, he's quick we all know that. But I was rewatching his debut the other day and what impressed me the most was just his football smarts and composure. He didn't actually use his pace at all noticeably, but he never looked panicked or rushed or even nervous, although I'm sure he was. That, combined with his speed, is what will make him a good player.
Yeah I noticed, and was impressed by that as well. It was a pleasant change from watching the struggles of our former 'promising' speedster in this area. Hopefully a combination of Williams, Ahern, Simpkin etc replace him ASAP.

In fact I think the presence and emergence of these guys allows us to let Shaun go in the FA perio at the end of next season and get a decent pick in teh 3rd round of a superdraft in return. It would be a good result all round imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pic is deceiving. Still skinny

Tell me why Garner + Wright can’t look jacked when this bloke can after half a pre-season! That’s a huge improvement in physique over the course of 10 weeks! Good stuff Josh!

Well because they simply don't put in the work in the gym - p*** and moan as much as you like about not having a solid run without injuries, but all you have to do is compare off-seasons of Williams and Garner.

One has been at every social event on the spring carnival calendar, as well as a 3 week European bender. The other used the off-season to improve his body via personal training. You wouldn't expect the 19 year old to be the latter.

Pic is deceiving. Still skinny
Somewhat agree, but he does look bigger and he will fill out his 189 frame a bit more by summers end, so I am quite bullish that this guy can rotate with J Mac between wing and hb come round 1.

With Loogie gone, J Williams is now my favourite player, with L Mac a close second.

Well because they simply don't put in the work in the gym - p*** and moan as much as you like about not having a solid run without injuries, but all you have to do is compare off-seasons of Williams and Garner.

One has been at every social event on the spring carnival calendar, as well as a 3 week European bender. The other used the off-season to improve his body via personal training. You wouldn't expect the 19 year old to be the latter.
Garns is pretty much the same height and weight as Cunners. He may not be ripped but he ain't fat and sure as * is strong.

Very astute insight from someone with the Instagram app. Your speculative rubbish is getting out of hand.

Yeah this is rubbish.

It seems like you don't think players are entitled to time off or allowed to enjoy their off-seasons.

Tell me why Garner + Wright can’t look jacked when this bloke can after half a pre-season! That’s a huge improvement in physique over the course of 10 weeks! Good stuff Josh!
Genetics play a huge part. Garners deceptively strong Wright too (for how skinny he is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back